ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

heart

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by heart »

Namdrol wrote:
heart wrote: Then of course there is also the question how many Yidams one actually need to practice as a Dzogchen practitioner?

/magnus
The answer is none. Zero.
Of course, but it helps just like all the preliminaries. But will 50 Yidams help more, I don't think so.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
heart wrote: Then of course there is also the question how many Yidams one actually need to practice as a Dzogchen practitioner?

/magnus
The answer is none. Zero.
Of course, but it helps just like all the preliminaries. But will 50 Yidams help more, I don't think so.

/magnus
Agreed.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

This isn't necessarily directly related to Dorje Drolo practice; but how should a Phurba be placed, if at all, on one's altar if we don't have a stand for it?
Kunzang

Post by Kunzang »

Lhug-Pa wrote:This isn't necessarily directly related to Dorje Drolo practice; but how should a Phurba be placed, if at all, on one's altar if we don't have a stand for it?
I was taught that you can stand it up in a glass or other container filled with grain.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Fa Dao wrote:I listened to the replay and have a question in regards to the action mantra. Can anyone give me a few concrete examples as to when and why someone would use the action mantra? I just dont understand its purpose.
From where did you get the replay?
is it a private recording???

cannot find any replay at the webcast-homepage
Lost In Transmission
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Lelopa,
you need to be a DC member to view the replays. But if you are here is the site:
http://www.freezecast.com/replay/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

Whenever I try to log in to freezecast i get a poppup that says this:
USER CREATED IN THE REPLAY SYSTEM, PLEASE LOGIN AGAIN NOW!

I then try to log in again and all it does is repeat the same thing.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?
thanks
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Yes, that happened to me too, then I tried my username and password with ALL CAPS and it worked.
Josef

Post by Josef »

thanks!
I will give it a try and let you know what happens.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Josef

Post by Josef »

Wow!
That was easy.
Thanks again DB!!!
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

You're welcome! Glad it worked.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

i think i've looked at the wrong webpage:
the link from Fa Dao works fine :bow: :bow: :bow:
thx
Lost In Transmission
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

now this link doesn't work for me again :tantrum: - i cannot understand why:
i've bookmarked it and tried the link from here again and there opens another page
it reads :
Please open the kPlaylist file in a text editor and modify the section called $db to suit your database settings. Click 'Reload' when you are done.

Click here to view what the installer is going to do.

Click 'Continue' when ready to install !

Could not login with the supplied user name and password! MySQL response: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10048)

:shrug:
my downloaded .m3u doesn't work either

here isn't the dd-retreat: http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/replay.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost In Transmission
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

lelopa wrote:now this link doesn't work for me again :tantrum: - i cannot understand why:
i've bookmarked it and tried the link from here again and there opens another page
it reads :
Please open the kPlaylist file in a text editor and modify the section called $db to suit your database settings. Click 'Reload' when you are done.

Click here to view what the installer is going to do.

Click 'Continue' when ready to install !

Could not login with the supplied user name and password! MySQL response: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10048)

:shrug:
my downloaded .m3u doesn't work either

here isn't the dd-retreat: http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/replay.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, it is exactly as you describe.
Probably they have changed the function of kPlaylist....
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Pero

Post by Pero »

Well this sucks haha. I still wanted to get some replays from there. That's what I get for being lazy.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

One day after I can finally log in the thing goes to shit.
What a drag.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Pero wrote:Well this sucks haha. I still wanted to get some replays from there. That's what I get for being lazy.
Exactly the same with me!
Does anyone know how this thing works for being able to listen to the replays?
:?:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dronma wrote:
Pero wrote:Well this sucks haha. I still wanted to get some replays from there. That's what I get for being lazy.

It seesm to be broken
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Dronma wrote:
THis is the magic side of Dzogchen ... you have to be present in your nature for it works :twothumbsup:

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Sönam wrote: you have to be present in your nature for it works :twothumbsup:

Sönam
but when i am i don't need any replay
:tongue:

:mrgreen:
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Dzogchen”