ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Mr. G

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by Mr. G »

michaelb wrote:Thanks, I'll give it a go. I'm thinking I've just left it too late. I was undecided whether to join and the DC membership system seems to have decided for me, which may not be a bad thing.
I hope their antiquated membership system doesn't dissuade you. ChNNR is a great teacher.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

michaelb wrote:I know. I attended some teachings in London a couple of years ago, and have watched quite a few open webcasts, and met up with local members for the transmission. but joining just for one closed webcast when i really want teachings on another terma may not be the best reason to join.
I hope you will get it, but at the end it will happen what has to happen ... every thing is always perfect, at the right place and at the right moment. Enjoy!

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Pero wrote:Have you tried to join through Merigar (West) directly MichaelB? They should have Paypal.
Just hit a hitch. I need to download and print the registration form then fax it to them, persumably so they have my signature. But I don't have a fax machine. erm... I'll try it at work.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

I became a member last year. I did everything through the Italian center. I had to write one reminder email and then got my log-in info. I just said that since they accepted my money they should make it work. If you charge fees like a business, you should conduct the process like a business. That worked. That said, in June I sent an email to the Tenerife center asking to tell me whether there was still place for the October retreat and where I could stay so I could book in advance. I sent 5 reminder emails. Three days before the retreat, when tickets became a lot more expensive, I got a reply to welcome me. That was pretty funny. I just don't understand how hard it could be to make it all work properly. I think, just as with government, they need to have a central command post for memberships, retreat sign-ups, book orders, etc. Having everything decentralized just doesn't work efficiently in this case.

You can scan and email them your form as well. I don't have a fax either.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:Having everything decentralized just doesn't work efficiently in this case.

It is mostly an issue of differences in international law.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

michaelb wrote:I know. I attended some teachings in London a couple of years ago, and have watched quite a few open webcasts, and met up with local members for the transmission. but joining just for one closed webcast when i really want teachings on another terma may not be the best reason to join.

It could be a perfect reason to join.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

michaelb wrote:Given the technologically advanced methods of giving transmissions and teaching, the DC membership system seems antiquated. Apparently, I have to pay by cheque or set up a standing order. I don't have a cheque book any more. Who does? Why they can't use Papal or credit card payments is beyond me. Anyway, looks like I definitely won't get the log in in time, so I'll have to look for teachings elsewhere . Talking of which, does anyone know of a Dudjom Tersar Drolo commentary ? maybe also a recording of the Wishfulfilling Cow?
Thanks
I don't know of any Dorje Drolo commentary, either Dudjom Tersar or otherwise. (If anyone else knows of any, I would also like to hear about it.) This retreat is a very unique opportunity, as Drolo teachings seem to be surprisingly rare. I agree with Namdrol that this could be a perfect reason to become a member. I would communicate with them to make sure you will get your login info in time. Also try contacting the US site, they got me my info pretty quickly, and maybe could handle your membership initially so you can be able to attend the retreat. Good luck and godspeed!
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

I just e-mailed Italy, the US and the UK membership person again, but from what she told me yesterday and what people have said on here, it's a bit unlikely. I also noticed that US membership costs loads more than membership here. Not sure why. More facilities?

Anyway, fingers crossed...
bjf77

Post by bjf77 »

I just checked the webcast web-page and was unable to see this listed as an upcoming web-cast. Can somebody tell me what time-zone this will take place in?

Thank you!
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

It would be kind of funny if I'd been phoning and e-mailing to be able to access a webcast that won't actually happen, but I think it's in Argentina (GMT-3) 3.2.12 - 7.2.12

i just got a reply from the US site so sent the form and payment there. he did say that getting the log in details might take a while, though. So maybe I just set myself up for some frustration come Friday.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

asunthatneversets wrote:
padma norbu wrote:heehee, I should do this retreat just so you can all see just how bad the results can be... but, seriously, thanks again for the info. Will steer clear of this one for sure.
Why steer clear? It's not often opportunities like this come up, even if you receive the wang, lung and tri and don't do the practice at this point in time it's still good to receive the teaching... you may change your mind in the future and then you're already locked and loaded. Not everyone has access to teachings like this, or teachers like ChNN, you have the opportunity, I'd say take advantage of it. Authentic teachers are few and far between and life is delicate and can be lost at any moment, now is the time!
Uh... I don't need any more obstacles and I'm crazy enough already. Based on what Namdrol has said here, at least I have enough sense to avoid this teaching. I'm just thankful for the knowledge and wanted to express my thanks. I've received other teachings without knowledge of what it fully entails and didn't appreciate it too much. I would be furious if I learned this practice can create obstacles or madness after the fact, when my life seems to be going even more haywire than it already is.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

padma norbu wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:
padma norbu wrote:heehee, I should do this retreat just so you can all see just how bad the results can be... but, seriously, thanks again for the info. Will steer clear of this one for sure.
Why steer clear? It's not often opportunities like this come up, even if you receive the wang, lung and tri and don't do the practice at this point in time it's still good to receive the teaching... you may change your mind in the future and then you're already locked and loaded. Not everyone has access to teachings like this, or teachers like ChNN, you have the opportunity, I'd say take advantage of it. Authentic teachers are few and far between and life is delicate and can be lost at any moment, now is the time!
Uh... I don't need any more obstacles and I'm crazy enough already. Based on what Namdrol has said here, at least I have enough sense to avoid this teaching. I'm just thankful for the knowledge and wanted to express my thanks. I've received other teachings without knowledge of what it fully entails and didn't appreciate it too much. I would be furious if I learned this practice can create obstacles or madness after the fact, when my life seems to be going even more haywire than it already is.
Receiving the teaching does not cause problems -- practicing it incorrectly does.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Thanks for the clarification, Namdrol. I'm sure I would practice incorrectly, but maybe it's something I could do on my deathbed.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

I was wondering, are the webcasts stored on the DC websites, and if so, do members have access to past webcasts? ie. if my log in ID is not sent before Friday, will I still be able to watch all the webcasts once my ID has been sent?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

padma norbu wrote:Thanks for the clarification, Namdrol. I'm sure I would practice incorrectly, but maybe it's something I could do on my deathbed.
It is best to have such a teaching so it can be practiced when needed.
arsent

Post by arsent »

It seems to me it will be an open webcast..
Tashigar Sur Retreat
3rd -7th Feb. 2012

Timezone: Argentina GMT -3 hours (check argentina's time here)

The teaching of this retreat is Guru Dorje Drolod, an
important Terma teaching of Great Dzogche Master Adzom
Drugpa Rinpoche.

OPEN WEBCAST

3rd Feb.

4-6pm. - Introduction of this retreat teaching and the transmission of Ati Guru Yoga.

4th Feb.

10-12am. - Teaching of Guru Dorje Drolod in Anu Yoga way.

5th Feb.

10-12am. - Donwang of Guru Dorje Drolod and the instruction for doing the practice of Dorje Drolod in daily life

Instructions for the practice of Dorje Drolod in AtiYoga way.

7th Feb.

10-12am. - Advices for the daily life practices and some tridlungs of collective practices and for personal protection practices.

4-6pm. - Gana Puja for the full new Moon and the end of this retreat and so on.
Bye,
The Webcast Team
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

arsent wrote:It seems to me it will be an open webcast..

It isn't
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

arsent wrote:It seems to me it will be an open webcast..
Tashigar Sur Retreat
3rd -7th Feb. 2012

Timezone: Argentina GMT -3 hours (check argentina's time here)

The teaching of this retreat is Guru Dorje Drolod, an
important Terma teaching of Great Dzogche Master Adzom
Drugpa Rinpoche.

OPEN WEBCAST

3rd Feb.
4-6pm. - Introduction of this retreat teaching and the transmission of Ati Guru Yoga.

4th Feb.
10-12am. - Teaching of Guru Dorje Drolod in Anu Yoga way.

5th Feb.
10-12am. - Donwang of Guru Dorje Drolod and the instruction for doing the practice of Dorje Drolod in daily life

Instructions for the practice of Dorje Drolod in AtiYoga way.

7th Feb.
10-12am. - Advices for the daily life practices and some tridlungs of collective practices and for personal protection practices.

4-6pm. - Gana Puja for the full new Moon and the end of this retreat and so on.
Bye,
The Webcast Team
Can I just clarify the times? Is it, as stated here, 10 - 12am (midnight) or, as stated earlier, 10 - 12pm (noon)? And those times are local to Argentina, ie. GMT-3 ?

Also, can new members watch old closed webcasts?

:thanks:
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

I just got mail from the Webcast team: It is a closed webcast. So now there's no confusion about it. Also the 6th of Feb. was missing from above list.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Is it obvious how to sign on for a closed webcast? Do I just go to the normal webcast site? I just want to make sure I know all the details prior to the retreat starting. Thanks.

Return to “Dzogchen”