ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Rinchen Dorje

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

I dont mean to be a pest but if one is already doing Guru Tragphur what would the difference/benefit be from doing this practice?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Nangwa wrote:
Mr. G wrote:[
I actually start work at 6 AM, so I'd be super late :shock: :lol:
The teachings start for me at 6AM. I am lucky enough to be able to tune in and head off to work.
Whoo!
Ah, you're lucky Nangwa!
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Post by Josef »

Fa Dao wrote:I dont mean to be a pest but if one is already doing Guru Tragphur what would the difference/benefit be from doing this practice?
Hey Fa,
I think the actual difference is probably pretty minimal. Drollo will have some other functions and might be more powerful for removing some certain obstacles.
Hopefully Rinpoche will touch on your question during the retreat.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:I dont mean to be a pest but if one is already doing Guru Tragphur what would the difference/benefit be from doing this practice?

Drollo is more connected with Dzogchen explicitly.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Very cool...thanks
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

I have a PC and just switched over to Chrome from Firefox. Chrome works better for me.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

A few days ago when the webcast was closed I downloaded the file. I just now downloaded the newer file and the primary mantra has a one word addition, (dont want to repeat it in open forum) which one do I use?
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Fa Dao wrote:A few days ago when the webcast was closed I downloaded the file. I just now downloaded the newer file and the primary mantra has a one word addition, (dont want to repeat it in open forum) which one do I use?
I downloaded the file yesterday. Following along with the webcast, it seemed to match. Perhaps Namdrol or Nangwa can comment on this.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mr. G wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:A few days ago when the webcast was closed I downloaded the file. I just now downloaded the newer file and the primary mantra has a one word addition, (dont want to repeat it in open forum) which one do I use?
I downloaded the file yesterday. Following along with the webcast, it seemed to match. Perhaps Namdrol or Nangwa can comment on this.

Use the later one. The earlier one had a typo.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Thanks Namdrol...with all of your own stuff going on the people here are lucky to have you pop in and clarify things like you do
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

oops..almost forgot to ask...I am still a little fuzzy on the purpose and use of "action" mantras...would someone mind explaining?
heart

Post by heart »

Anyone got the "dokpa" and can share it?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Fa Dao wrote:Thanks Namdrol...with all of your own stuff going on the people here are lucky to have you pop in and clarify things like you do
:twothumbsup:
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

heart wrote:Anyone got the "dokpa" and can share it?

/magnus
It's in the short tun.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
heart

Post by heart »

Mr. G wrote:

/magnus
It's in the short tun.
I doubt it was the same, it sounded drollo related to me.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
Mr. G wrote:

/magnus
It's in the short tun.
I doubt it was the same, it sounded drollo related to me.

/magnus

It is in the short thun.
krodha

Post by krodha »

I woke up for the start and put headphones on and then fell back asleep eventually and Norbu was in my dream giving the teaching and when he started the transmission Ron Paul was there repeating everything he said in deep voice overtone chanting, and his hair looked like docs from back to the future, it was pretty epic.
Josef

Post by Josef »

asunthatneversets wrote:I woke up for the start and put headphones on and then fell back asleep eventually and Norbu was in my dream giving the teaching and when he started the transmission Ron Paul was there repeating everything he said in deep voice overtone chanting, and his hair looked like docs from back to the future, it was pretty epic.
Awesome.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Will the text that ChNNR read from and explained today be made available?

Also, will members be able to replay the webcasts?
Josef

Post by Josef »

michaelb wrote:Will the text that ChNNR read from and explained today be made available?

Also, will members be able to replay the webcasts?
Not sure about the text but you should be able to replay.

Return to “Dzogchen”