Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche on daily Dzogchen practice

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche on daily Dzogchen practice

Postby Paul » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:05 pm

I think this is very, very important advice.

"Do not block your six senses; delight in them with joy and ease.
All that you take pleasure in will strengthen the awakened state.
With such a confidence, empowered by the regal state of natural mind,
The training now is simply this: lets your six senses be at ease and free." - Princess Parani
Paul

Re: Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche on daily Dzogchen practice

Postby mindyourmind » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 am

Easy to remember, easy to forget.

Thank you, Paul.
As bad as bad becomes its not a part of you

Talk Talk
mindyourmind

Postby padma norbu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:47 pm

The bit about the demons was quite interesting. Apparently, Namkhai Norbu has taught the way to determine what is genuine experience with enlightened beings and what is not, but I don't know where this teaching can be found.

Who is the translator? He's quite good and I'm betting he might have something to do with TUR's books, which are great. So, I'm guessing he might be a good teacher to seek out, if he's teaching.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Postby Paul » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:21 pm

padma norbu wrote:The bit about the demons was quite interesting. Apparently, Namkhai Norbu has taught the way to determine what is genuine experience with enlightened beings and what is not, but I don't know where this teaching can be found.

Who is the translator? He's quite good and I'm betting he might have something to do with TUR's books, which are great. So, I'm guessing he might be a good teacher to seek out, if he's teaching.

It's Erik Pema Kunsang - one of the best translators out there, if not THE best. Also an excellent practitioner and teacher. I think he translated all of Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche's books, as well as most from the Chokling Tersar group of teachers. He looks a bit different now - longer hair and a beard.

He spent a LOT of time with Tulkuy Urgyen Rinpoche and his sons. If I am correct, he met Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche on the back of a brick lorry in Nepal when Rinpoche was off to build a monastary and the rest is history. Erik is compiling an autobiography at the moment - something of his own "Blazing Splendor" (which he also compiled and translated for TUR).

"Do not block your six senses; delight in them with joy and ease.
All that you take pleasure in will strengthen the awakened state.
With such a confidence, empowered by the regal state of natural mind,
The training now is simply this: lets your six senses be at ease and free." - Princess Parani
Paul

Postby heart » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 pm

padma norbu wrote:Who is the translator? He's quite good and I'm betting he might have something to do with TUR's books, which are great. So, I'm guessing he might be a good teacher to seek out, if he's teaching.

It is Erik Pema Kunzang, he is teaching these days. He currently lives in Denmark.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Return to Dzogchen