mudras

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

mudras

Postby dakini_boi » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:34 pm

If someone knows ChNNR's mudras for the transmission, could you please pm me? I have the worldwide transmission book, and he describes them somewhat, but I just want to clarify some things. I think if I order the DVD, I may not get it in time for the transmission. Thank you.
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: mudras

Postby dakini_boi » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 pm

I haven't heard from anyone. . . I am fully prepared for the transmission, with the exception of some of the mudras - so if anyone would like to help me out, I would appreciate it very much.
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: mudras

Postby mint » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:06 pm

If you find out, let me know, please.
User avatar
mint
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: mudras

Postby dakini_boi » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Doesn't it show the mudras in the video?
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: mudras

Postby Virgo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 pm

What is essential for the transmission is your participation. The visualisations and mudras are non-essential, and secondary, though helpful, in my opinion.

Kevin
User avatar
Virgo
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Globe

Re: mudras

Postby Josef » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:48 pm

If you order the Tun Book it has the mudras.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: mudras

Postby mint » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 am

Jeez, Dzogchen is good business.

Get a bunch of people initiated so they buy the mandatory books and DVDs.
User avatar
mint
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: mudras

Postby Josef » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:36 am

mint wrote:Jeez, Dzogchen is good business.

Get a bunch of people initiated so they buy the mandatory books and DVDs.

Not really.
Its just that so few people actually make the information available.
There is nothing mandatory about the materials, or the mudras for that matter.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: mudras

Postby Sönam » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 am

dakini_boi wrote:If someone knows ChNNR's mudras for the transmission, could you please pm me? I have the worldwide transmission book, and he describes them somewhat, but I just want to clarify some things. I think if I order the DVD, I may not get it in time for the transmission. Thank you.


All mudras are in the Guru Yoga book (and in the Tun book too) ... what's wrong with them (in few discreet words) ?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
User avatar
Sönam
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France

Re: mudras

Postby Dechen Norbu » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:35 pm

mint wrote:Jeez, Dzogchen is good business.

Get a bunch of people initiated so they buy the mandatory books and DVDs.

Nothing is mandatory. You can attend webcasts freely and buy nothing at all.
Now, if one is interested about deepening a certain teaching, one can buy books and booklets, DVD and CD, you name it. It depends on our interest.
Having such a wealth of material available, practically about any teaching, is just fantastic. Unless you are quite rich and can follow the lama everywhere, you'll find that having such amount of material to purchase is extremely useful. :smile:

Best wishes!
User avatar
Dechen Norbu
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: mudras

Postby dakini_boi » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Sönam wrote:
dakini_boi wrote:If someone knows ChNNR's mudras for the transmission, could you please pm me? I have the worldwide transmission book, and he describes them somewhat, but I just want to clarify some things. I think if I order the DVD, I may not get it in time for the transmission. Thank you.


All mudras are in the Guru Yoga book (and in the Tun book too) ... what's wrong with them (in few discreet words) ?

Sönam


The books I have don't have the mudras. Those books are Concise Experiential Instructions on the Short Thun as a Daily Practice for the Dzogchen Community and Dzogchen Empowerments by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.

That's ok, I got some help from a dharma brother, and I realize that the mudras are not totally essential.
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am


Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bryandavis, Ngwang tenzin, Soar and 15 guests

>