Did I Receive Transmission?

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Did I Receive Transmission?

Postby Dechen Norbu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Pero, if this guy ever reads the Kunjed Gyalpo, we're screwed! Image
Dechen Norbu

Postby Pero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Dechen Norbu wrote:Pero, if this guy ever reads the Kunjed Gyalpo, we're screwed! Image

Uh he already has. :rolling:
Read the post again.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Dechen Norbu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Ahhh... it's explained then! :lol:
Dechen Norbu

Postby Pero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Where did you get those emoticons BTW?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby heart » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:06 pm

padma norbu wrote:
Paul wrote:
mint wrote:How did you infer that he was tlaking about the Dzogchen method of Shamatha based on what he said?? I don't even know what that is...but still, I thought he was confusing Dzogchen with Dogen.

Because he's talking about one of the preliminaries to dzogchen which can be used to jump to the recognition of rigpa.

So... what is dzogchen vipashyana? I found this, but it says nothing:

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Vipashyana

In Dzogchen Shamatha and Vipasshana is called "resting in naturalness" and "sustaining freshness" and normally follow the Rushen. You can read about it in "Quintessential Dzogchen" chapter 17 (Dzogchen preliminaries).

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Lhug-Pa » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:27 am

Interesting, just had the book Quintessential Dzogchen in my hands a few minutes ago (haven't studied it yet though).

Now I would have thought that the best 'order' would be:

1) Shamatha 2) Rushen 3) Vipassana

? ? ?

Padma Norbu

The Crystal by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche is definitely worth studying, if you haven't already.

To add to the Dzogchen terms already mentioned, I've just learned of two more (The Song of the Vajra):

1) Shamatha/Shiné/Zhiné — Nepa — rtse-gcig

2) Vipassana/Lhagthong — Migyurwa — spras-bral
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lhug-Pa

Postby heart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:51 am

Lhug-Pa wrote:Interesting, just had the book Quintessential Dzogchen in my hands a few minutes ago (haven't studied it yet though).

Now I would have thought that the best 'order' would be:

1) Shamatha 2) Rushen 3) Vipassana

? ? ?

First outer then inner then secret Rushen then "resting in naturalness" and then "sustaining freshness". Never seen it anywhere except after Rushan. Anyway, the instructions are not like sutra instructions of shamatha and vipassana.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:04 am

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet!
rose.jpg
rose.jpg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 636 times
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby White Lotus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:28 pm

just breathing, just be, just being... just live.

you cant do anything else can you? so naturally practicing vipassana, or shamatha... then that is your natural way of being. so enjoy it, but dont be bound by it... its not needed by one who knows that he is naturally just so. i am.

best wishes, Tom.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Postby alpha » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:50 pm

This is what CNNR says about discovering your real nature when introduced by your root guru.

"Once we discover our real nature ,problems disappear, and is no longer necessary to make any effort to overcome them.This is the value of the knowledge transmitted by the root teacher"

I find this quite extraordinary in the sense that this is the real and very accurate measure of whether we have discovered or recognized our nature or not.

I must say with some sadness that this is not my experience. :crying:
I dont know about you though ????
AOM
alpha

Postby Dechen Norbu » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 am

That is also what makes a Guru your Root Guru in Dzogchen.

So, what are you going to do about it? That's the main question, right? Not what goes up with others. :smile:

You need to see why don't you get it. Inform yourself of the practices that will help and be diligent. Then, when you think you got it, check with the teacher.
When you get it, it is better not to come here saying it to everyone. :lol: That can create you some problems. Keep in mind that once you recognize the natural state, you also need to learn to integrate every experience in it. That is very well explained in the teachings.

It is said that when you recognize instant presence, indeed all problems disappear. But then you'll lose it and distract yourself. So you'll get involved in your problems again. Then you notice and rest again in your natural state and while resting in it (the objective being never losing it whatever you're doing), there are no problems. There can be no problems, not even if you die or get sick or lose someone you love. The problem is that the more intense the experience, the harder it may be to integrate it. So it is said that one has to start slowly.

It's really important that you try to be very present when oral and symbolic introductions are given and very relaxed during direct introduction. It's important that you study well and prepare yourself, not only for the webcast, obviously! :lol:
If you find that you can't recognize the primordial state, not mattering how well you prepare yourself, reach for help, but be sure you've done your homework. I think that if you do your homework properly, you'll definitively get it. As everyone else who does it. ChNN is quite clear in his teachings and explains what to do, so don't stress. Just follow his advice. Don't panic and, overall, don't let the reasons of you not being able to recognize instant presence remain a mystery. It's your interest, so you better do something about it! ChNN won't burst through your room and explain you what is the problem (I think! :lol: ). It is you who must participate, be interested and proactive. He repeats that a lot, but sometimes some of us listen but don't hear. ;)
Dechen Norbu

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:34 am

:good:
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
treehuggingoctopus

Postby heart » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:34 am

alpha wrote:This is what CNNR says about discovering your real nature when introduced by your root guru.

"Once we discover our real nature ,problems disappear, and is no longer necessary to make any effort to overcome them.This is the value of the knowledge transmitted by the root teacher"

I find this quite extraordinary in the sense that this is the real and very accurate measure of whether we have discovered or recognized our nature or not.

I must say with some sadness that this is not my experience. :crying:
I dont know about you though ????

alpha, just keep getting transmission and do the practices that inspire you or that your teacher suggested to you and you will get it. See it as the work for this lifetime. Relax, take it easy, that is the best advice I can give you. The advice my master always give me. :smile:

/magnus
- Longchenpa
heart

Previous

Return to Dzogchen