Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Namkha arte-sky gazing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm
Posts: 493
Is this a Tregchod practice? Does anyone know if ChNNR teaches this and in which book? Any info on this would be helpful

_________________
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 1565
Yes.
Here is a bit from a DC website.
http://dzogchen.ca/2010/07/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm
Posts: 354
There are excellent teachings by Tulku Urgyen on this practice in a chapter entitled Space, in Quintessential Dzogchen (Rangjung Yeshe Publications) pp 190-196. Adeu Rinpoche also gives a brief but essential teaching on this practice in Freedom from Bondage pp 74-76 (also published by Rangjung Yeshe). Of course, this is no replacement for direct teachings from a qualified master, but they might satisfy your curiosity until you get the opportunity to receive them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
pensum wrote:
There are excellent teachings by Tulku Urgyen on this practice in a chapter entitled Space, in Quintessential Dzogchen (Rangjung Yeshe Publications) pp 190-196. Adeu Rinpoche also gives a brief but essential teaching on this practice in Freedom from Bondage pp 74-76 (also published by Rangjung Yeshe). Of course, this is no replacement for direct teachings from a qualified master, but they might satisfy your curiosity until you get the opportunity to receive them.


Great to see you here M. :smile:

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm
Posts: 354
heart wrote:
pensum wrote:
There are excellent teachings by Tulku Urgyen on this practice in a chapter entitled Space, in Quintessential Dzogchen (Rangjung Yeshe Publications) pp 190-196. Adeu Rinpoche also gives a brief but essential teaching on this practice in Freedom from Bondage pp 74-76 (also published by Rangjung Yeshe). Of course, this is no replacement for direct teachings from a qualified master, but they might satisfy your curiosity until you get the opportunity to receive them.


Great to see you here M. :smile:

/magnus


hey big man!
just thought i should make sure you're not getting into too much trouble.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
Fa Dao wrote:
Does anyone know if ChNNR teaches this and in which book? Any info on this would be helpful

It's also in "An Introduction To The Practice Of Contemplation" and "The Cycle of Day and Night" (the commentary on it).

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 am
Posts: 247
pensum wrote:
heart wrote:
Great to see you here M. :smile:
/magnus


hey big man!
just thought i should make sure you're not getting into too much trouble.


He needs someone to keep an eye on him.

_________________
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:52 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
Silent Bob wrote:
pensum wrote:
heart wrote:
Great to see you here M. :smile:
/magnus


hey big man!
just thought i should make sure you're not getting into too much trouble.


He needs someone to keep an eye on him.


So true, keep getting in to trouble here. :smile:

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm
Posts: 493
thanks everybody..
Pero...apparently I was having a senior moment...I have had Cycle of Day and Night for almost 20 years...totally forgot that was in the commentary section...am rereading the whole book again

_________________
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm
Posts: 493
Does anyone know where this practice originated from?

_________________
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Fa Dao wrote:
Does anyone know where this practice originated from?


The original form of sky gazing come from the perfection of wisdom sutras.

But Namkhai arte is not just gazing at sky since it is connected with Dzogchen view.

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm
Posts: 493
So then it was adapted from the Prajnaparamita teachings using the Dzogchen view...interesting. Any idea of who first taught it in this context?

_________________
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group