Dzogchen Longde Tantras

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Dzogchen Longde Tantras

Postby Fa Dao » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Does anyone know if any of the Longde Tantras have been translated into English? and if so where a person could find them? Was specifically thinking of Longchen Rabjam Gyalpo/ཀློང་ཆེན་རབ་འབྱམས་རྒྱལ་པོ and 'Kunto Zangpo Namkhache/ ཀུན་ཏུ་བཟང་པོ་ནམ་མཁའ་ཆེ
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Re: Dzogchen Longde Tantras

Postby Lhug-Pa » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Don't know if this helps much, but I believe that Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche's Cycle of Day and Night is a Mengagde text containing pith instructions on Longde Dzogchen teachings. It also lists in its notes some very important Dzogchen Tantras as well.
Lhug-Pa

Postby Josef » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:00 pm

I dont know if any that have been translated in their entirety.
Josef

Postby Pero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Jim Valby has translated the ninth chapter from Longchen Rabjam Gyalpo (chapter on the mandala), it's in "Two Dzogchen Texts". But other than that I don't think there's anything else in English.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Dechen Norbu » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:04 am

And that's a pity. :(
Dechen Norbu

Postby Fa Dao » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:18 pm

time has passed so I thought I would recheck...
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Return to Dzogchen