Spontaneous Presence

DharmaKaryll

Spontaneous Presence

Post by DharmaKaryll »

Greetings Everyone,

I am naturally drawn to and feel an affinity with Dzogchen and was wondering if there are those here who are familiar with the practice of "Spontaneus Presence". I relate it personally to my experience with the Presence of Being as taught by Eckhart Tolle.

Anyone have any thoughts or insights on this.

Thank You,

Om Mani Padme Hum

:buddha2:
padma norbu

Re: Spontaneous Presence

Post by padma norbu »

This article may interest you. It is worth reading all the way through.
http://approachingaro.org/buddhism-shattered" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Fascinating article. However I always viewed Tolle as having more of a vedanta view than Buddhist simply due to the eternalism aspect that the author mentioned.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

emptiness/awareness has a feeling or presence that sort of radiates in a very subtle way. for this reason it can be said to be non empty emptiness.

when you become aware of your normal awareness then you can begin to analyse it, but as far as rigpa is concerned you already have it. no effort required, this life is it.

what do you see?... rigpa.
what do you feel?... rigpa.
what do you want?... rigpa.
what are you doing?... rigpa.
where are you going?... rigpa.
what is your realisation?... rigpa.
what is awarness?... rigpa.
what is ignorance?... rigpa.

rigpa is your natural state.
all one flavour. ma rigpa is rigpa, only with effort.

best wishes, Tom.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

There is no practice of spontaneous presence [lhun grub] per se. Lhun grub in fact refers to natural [lhun] formation [grub] of the basis. There is a practice related to this aspect of Dzogchen teachings, however, called thögal. It has nothing to do with anything taught by Tolle.

Return to “Dzogchen”