Is rigpa like...?

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Is rigpa like...?

Postby mint » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:37 am

After a good workout at the local gym, on these cool autumn days I enjoy driving with the windows down in the car and letting the cool breeze refresh my tired, perspiring body. Today as I was doing this, I reflected that as I was driving, I was very much aware of my surroundings, very much aware of my driving, very much aware of my physical status, but I wasn't thinking about anything at all - at least, until I started thinking about not thinking then that sort of ruined the whole exercise.

Is this awareness without thinking rigpa? Or is the awareness of my awareness rigpa? Or do I have along ways to go until I understand? :meditate:
mint

Re: Is rigpa like...?

Postby Virgo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:50 am

Sounds like endorphins. :D

Kevin
Virgo

Postby mint » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 am

Virgo wrote:Sounds like endorphins. :D

Kevin

I knew I was onto something good :woohoo:

But seriously! I'm not trying to say that I was having a Dzogchen experience, but is what I experienced in any way similar to the experience of what rigpa is like?
mint

Postby heart » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:06 am

mint wrote:After a good workout at the local gym, on these cool autumn days I enjoy driving with the windows down in the car and letting the cool breeze refresh my tired, perspiring body. Today as I was doing this, I reflected that as I was driving, I was very much aware of my surroundings, very much aware of my driving, very much aware of my physical status, but I wasn't thinking about anything at all - at least, until I started thinking about not thinking then that sort of ruined the whole exercise.

Is this awareness without thinking rigpa? Or is the awareness of my awareness rigpa? Or do I have along ways to go until I understand? :meditate:

Try to find a master you trust and ask him that question, it is a very good question. This is not the right place, please ignore all comments.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 am

heart wrote:
mint wrote:After a good workout at the local gym, on these cool autumn days I enjoy driving with the windows down in the car and letting the cool breeze refresh my tired, perspiring body. Today as I was doing this, I reflected that as I was driving, I was very much aware of my surroundings, very much aware of my driving, very much aware of my physical status, but I wasn't thinking about anything at all - at least, until I started thinking about not thinking then that sort of ruined the whole exercise.

Try to find a master you trust and ask him that question, it is a very good question. This is not the right place, please ignore all comments.

/magnus

This is 100% correct. Please listen to Magnus's advice. :anjali:

"Do not block your six senses; delight in them with joy and ease.
All that you take pleasure in will strengthen the awakened state.
With such a confidence, empowered by the regal state of natural mind,
The training now is simply this: lets your six senses be at ease and free." - Princess Parani
Paul

Postby Sönam » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:32 am

Paul wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus

This is 100% correct. Please listen to Magnus's advice. :anjali:

This is even more correct, listen to Paul's advice that advice to listen to Magnus's one ... and in the mean time let your window open !

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Postby mint » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:17 pm

heart wrote:Try to find a master you trust and ask him that question, it is a very good question. This is not the right place, please ignore all comments.

/magnus

Thanks! Didn't know if this type of question was too "public," but thought I would ask anyway.

Could I e-mail ChNNR? He's not my guru. I haven't even received the Direct Transmission yet, but could I e-mail him?
mint

Postby heart » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:21 pm

mint wrote:
heart wrote:Try to find a master you trust and ask him that question, it is a very good question. This is not the right place, please ignore all comments.

/magnus

Thanks! Didn't know if this type of question was too "public," but thought I would ask anyway.

Could I e-mail ChNNR? He's not my guru. I haven't even received the Direct Transmission yet, but could I e-mail him?

If you can get his email, then you can. You can ask one of his students, there are several on this forum. But, I think he gets a lot of emails, go see him instead if you are interested.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby mint » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

heart wrote:If you can get his email, then you can. You can ask one of his students, there are several on this forum. But, I think he gets a lot of emails, go see him instead if you are interested.

/magnus

Sure - and by the time that happens I will have forgotten the question or moved on to bigger fish. :D

I'll just keep reading for now.
mint

Postby White Lotus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 pm

rigpa is your natural awareness.
every day awareness.

best wishes, Tom.

may we all be blessed with a true and perfect master to whom we can take our questions!
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:52 am

mint wrote:
heart wrote:If you can get his email, then you can. You can ask one of his students, there are several on this forum. But, I think he gets a lot of emails, go see him instead if you are interested.

/magnus

Sure - and by the time that happens I will have forgotten the question or moved on to bigger fish. :D

I'll just keep reading for now.

There are no bigger fish than really getting to know the nature of your own mind. Once you have done this, according to what it means in Dzogchen, you will know the one thing that frees all. You'd do yourself a favor to pursue this more deeply with a qualified master.
Pema Rigdzin

Return to Dzogchen