ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby Clarence » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:28 am

simhanada wrote:Dude, get off the internet and keep practising!


I thought one has to practice this without saying any other words? Otherwise one has to start again. That includes writing I would think, no?
Clarence
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby Konchog1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Clarence wrote:
simhanada wrote:Dude, get off the internet and keep practising!


I thought one has to practice this without saying any other words? Otherwise one has to start again. That includes writing I would think, no?
I don't think so. Writing is allowed in Nyungnay if I remember correctly. However, sustained non-Dharmic thought on a retreat surely can't be good.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
User avatar
Konchog1
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:30 am

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby mantrika » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 am

Konchog1 wrote:
Clarence wrote:
simhanada wrote:Dude, get off the internet and keep practising!


I thought one has to practice this without saying any other words? Otherwise one has to start again. That includes writing I would think, no?
I don't think so. Writing is allowed in Nyungnay if I remember correctly. However, sustained non-Dharmic thought on a retreat surely can't be good.


This is what happens when you focus too much on rules and interpret them as some sort of laws. Instead of seeing them as technical instructions and understanding the meaning behind them and you own intentions.
:tongue:
mantrika
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby Clarence » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:25 am

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Basically, all you need to do to begin is do a 3 day retreat and do as many recitations as you can all day for those 3 days. You must maintain complete silence except for the mantra and try to pronounce it very correctly and avoid any interruptions during your sessions. There is no visualization and there are no other rules to follow than the above. Just recite it one-pointedly and with faith. That's it. Then, after the 3 day retreat you must recite at least one mala of the mantra per day in order to avoid interrupting the generation of the mantra's function. Good luck.


See, this is where I got the idea from. Also, I think that if one practices something one should adhere to the rules. Especially Tantra. There is a reason why there are rules associated with mantras. It makes their practice more efficacious.
Clarence
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby mantrika » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:13 am

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Basically, all you need to do to begin is do a 3 day retreat and do as many recitations as you can all day for those 3 days. You must maintain complete silence except for the mantra and try to pronounce it very correctly and avoid any interruptions during your sessions. There is no visualization and there are no other rules to follow than the above. Just recite it one-pointedly and with faith. That's it. Then, after the 3 day retreat you must recite at least one mala of the mantra per day in order to avoid interrupting the generation of the mantra's function. Good luck.


Clarence wrote:There is a reason why there are rules associated with mantras. It makes their practice more efficacious.


Exactly. :thanks:
mantrika
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby Fa Dao » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Finished today!! No worries though. I too believe in doing things as prescribed. Nothing in the text or commentary I followed that says anything about writing, and just in case I kept it to a minimum.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
User avatar
Fa Dao
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby dakini_boi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Congratulations, Fa Dao! :twothumbsup: :anjali: Would you like to share any successful outcome of the retreat? - it could help inspire others, but if you prefer to keep it private, I certainly understand.
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby Fa Dao » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:54 pm

I dont know if it would be proper to talk about it or not. Dont want to make any more mistakes than I already have.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
User avatar
Fa Dao
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Previous

Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

>