ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: ChNN's Vajra Armour teaching

Postby Fa Dao » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:09 am

oh yeah...almost forgot...is there a specific tune that goes with this?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Postby dakini_boi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:56 pm

I finally got my Vajra Armor text about a week ago!

Could someone provide a word-for-word translation of the VA mantra? If so, please PM me. (I know this mantra is easy to find online, but the manual is very clear about not giving the mantra openly - so I would prefer not to be a cause for further public exposure.) Thank you.
dakini_boi

Postby dakini_boi » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Just wondering, is Vajra Armor practice used for emotional disorders? It's not so specific in the text, but I figure that since it treats spirit attacks. How about lung imbalance, for example insomnia? Or would there be other practices more specific to such things?
dakini_boi

Postby Josef » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:01 pm

dakini_boi wrote:Just wondering, is Vajra Armor practice used for emotional disorders? It's not so specific in the text, but I figure that since it treats spirit attacks. How about lung imbalance, for example insomnia? Or would there be other practices more specific to such things?

Guru Dragphur has it all.
Josef

Postby dakini_boi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Thank you, Nangwa - although this doesn't specifically answer my question. I will post the question in the Tibetan Medicine forum.
dakini_boi

Postby Fa Dao » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 am

starting the three day tomorrow...wish me luck
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Postby dakini_boi » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Good luck, may you realize rainbow body right away! :namaste:
dakini_boi

Postby Josef » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Fa Dao wrote:starting the three day tomorrow...wish me luck

Nice!
Today is a new moon, you should make sure and offer ganapuja today and get things started off right for tomorrow.
Josef

Postby dakini_boi » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:08 pm

dakini_boi wrote:Could someone provide a word-for-word translation of the VA mantra? If so, please PM me. (I know this mantra is easy to find online, but the manual is very clear about not giving the mantra openly - so I would prefer not to be a cause for further public exposure.) Thank you.

Still haven't heard from anyone on this - if you have a translation, I would really be grateful to learn. I would like to do a retreat on this at some point - although knowing the meaning is not essential, it would be nice.
dakini_boi

Postby Pero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Nangwa wrote:

Nice!
Today is a new moon, you should make sure and offer ganapuja today and get things started off right for tomorrow.

Actually tomorrow (Friday) is new moon. :smile:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Josef » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Pero wrote:
Nangwa wrote:

Nice!

Actually tomorrow (Friday) is new moon. :smile:

Ah crap. I was all excited.
Josef

Postby dakini_boi » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:12 pm

It depends on your time zone. In pacific time zone, new moon is exactly at 10:10pm tonight. Eastern time zone will be 1:10am Fri morning.
dakini_boi

Postby Pero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Man now I'm confused. This says it's on Friday. As well as a calendar in my language and some other stuff online. But then I also found stuff that says it's today (Thursday). Which is it LOL? I wanted to do some practice on new moon and planned it for tomorrow. But if it's today I'll try to do it today. Oh and I'm in Europe BTW...
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Fa Dao » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Fa Dao

Postby Pero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:04 pm

- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Malcolm » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Pero wrote:Man now I'm confused. This says it's on Friday. As well as a calendar in my language and some other stuff online. But then I also found stuff that says it's today (Thursday). Which is it LOL? I wanted to do some practice on new moon and planned it for tomorrow. But if it's today I'll try to do it today. Oh and I'm in Europe BTW...

Just follow calendar.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby dakini_boi » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 pm

New moon in Europe will be 6:10am GMT on Friday. So you don't have to reschedule, Pero.

I have an astrological planner, which is helpful because it gives the exact time of the full and new moons - because sometimes there can be confusion. For example, if the full moon happens at 1am, to me it makes more sense to recognize it the night before, because although the date would be off, the moon is closer to being full.
dakini_boi

Postby Pero » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks guys.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Fa Dao » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:15 am

at the end of day two now...almost lost it by laughing...the irony that I am doing a powerful healing mantra and my knees are killing me!!!
Fa Dao

Postby simhanada » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:18 am

Fa Dao wrote:at the end of day two now...almost lost it by laughing...the irony that I am doing a powerful healing mantra and my knees are killing me!!!

Dude, get off the internet and keep practising!
simhanada

PreviousNext

Return to Dzogchen