The Golden Letters

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

The Golden Letters

Postby Fa Dao » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 pm

I have found this book to be extremely beneficial to my understanding and practice. Very straightforward and informative. Clarified many points for me. Would like to hear others thoughts/opinions etc who have also read it, both experienced practitioners and new people.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Re: The Golden Letters

Postby kalden yungdrung » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:04 am

Fa Dao wrote:I have found this book to be extremely beneficial to my understanding and practice. Very straightforward and informative. Clarified many points for me. Would like to hear others thoughts/opinions etc who have also read it, both experienced practitioners and new people.

Tashi delek,

Something about my impressions about the Golden Letters written by J.M. Reynolds.
At first we have that book in our foundation' s library and we see it as an important book regarding Dzogchen matters.

Know the translator / editor of the book John or also called Vajranatha. Met John in 2008 during a teac hing of H.E. Yongdzin Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche.

Yes the author / translator of the book is a very skilled Dzogchenpa who did follow many paths and teachers, like his name Vajranatha shows to us.
Momentary he, J.M. Reynolds, is very closed to H.E. Yongdzin Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche and it seems so, he is there very happy inside that Sangha.

The book, the Golden Letters, was originally composed by Garab Dorje / Prahe Vajra and like all realised Dzogchenpas the book does deal with Dzogchen, which is explained very clear and easy.

Yes i do like that book because the writer, Prahe Vajra was an enlightened / realized Dzogchenpa
and
All realised Dzogchen Masters, who explain Dzogchen, do it in one flavour, very easy and clear. That shows us the excellent qualities of the Master if He can explain to us very complicated and difficult to understanding topics in an easy to understand manner. So therefore as well the translator as the writer dwell here on one line, the book is therefore an excellent book to read. :applause:

There is no difference between Dzogchen and Dzogchen
There is no difference between Kuntu Zangpo and Samantabhadra
There is no difference between the Rainbow Body of Dzogchenpas
One never can add or take out something regarding Dzogchen

There is made many confusing differences, only done / made by the ignorants, who mostly do belong to other paths.

Best wishes
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
kalden yungdrung

Re: The Golden Letters

Postby Fa Dao » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Thank you KY for your reply. I would like to add that while of course I like the main text I also found the translators commentaries especially helpful for broadening my overall understanding of Dzogchen.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Return to Dzogchen