Can we ever really understand consciousness?

gnegirl

Re: Can we ever really understand consciousness?

Post by gnegirl »

My favorite soap!

:popcorn:
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
heart

Post by heart »

gnegirl wrote:My favorite soap!

I prefer Game of Thrones. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

5heaps wrote:
adinatha wrote:If you have an idea that there is space, then yes. How do you separate space from your awareness? Impossible. These two are co-emergent.
they are different things, they exist as separate things by definition. perhaps what youre trying to say is that in order for mind to arise it needs an object to engage with (ie. cognition is not possible without cognition of something). but this still doesnt explain how mind is like "the illusion of space", which is an ontological statement, rather than a statement about its production
subject and object are interdependent.
CAW!
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

heart wrote:
gnegirl wrote:My favorite soap!

I prefer Game of Thrones. :smile:

/magnus
more drama here :guns:
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?

Return to “Dzogchen”