Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby MrDistracted » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Thanks. The video just didn't work, it's not like it said i had wrong software or anything, but the audio was fine on the old link.

But since it's ok to get it all by audio, then all is good.
MrDistracted
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby JinpaRangdrol » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 pm

padma norbu wrote:Did he do any sort of transmission today? As usual, I could not keep myself from falling asleep. Took the day off work just to do this and I find myself half asleep about 15 minutes in. Royal struggle to remain awake for the next 2 hours and I did not succeed no matter what position I was in.

Didn't really sound to me from what I heard that he had given a transmission, though.


He gave Ati Guru Yoga/Guru Yoga of the White AH.
A lot of people poo-poo taking notes, but it might help you stay awake.
User avatar
JinpaRangdrol
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:22 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Mr. G » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 pm

The Chrome browser may help as well.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
User avatar
Mr. G
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Spaceship Earth

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby padma norbu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:33 pm

JinpaRangdrol wrote:He gave Ati Guru Yoga/Guru Yoga of the White AH.
A lot of people poo-poo taking notes, but it might help you stay awake.


I heard him explaining this, toward the end, but I didn't hear any transmission. I guess I was asleep at the moment he did it. Oh well, I've received that many times before.

I didn't miss the Dorje Drolo wang. That's what I was concerned about. although, I pretty much missed the entire teaching, I can at least try to get through the replay in bite-size pieces later.

Taking notes is a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. Doubt it would have worked today, though. Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby dakini_boi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

padma norbu wrote:Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.


Try watching standing up. Tree pose might work well too.
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Pero » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 pm

JinpaRangdrol wrote:A lot of people poo-poo taking notes, but it might help you stay awake.

:twothumbsup:

Padma Norbu wrote:Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.

That's one drawback of webcasts, much easier to pay attention when you're physically present there.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Sönam » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 pm

padma norbu wrote:
JinpaRangdrol wrote:He gave Ati Guru Yoga/Guru Yoga of the White AH.
A lot of people poo-poo taking notes, but it might help you stay awake.


I heard him explaining this, toward the end, but I didn't hear any transmission. I guess I was asleep at the moment he did it. Oh well, I've received that many times before.

I didn't miss the Dorje Drolo wang. That's what I was concerned about. although, I pretty much missed the entire teaching, I can at least try to get through the replay in bite-size pieces later.

Taking notes is a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. Doubt it would have worked today, though. Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.


It was the first day teaching, it's always light in term of the concerned teaching the first day ... I don't take notes, but I always have a blank page in front of me, and sometime I write down a couple of words, or I make some automatic little drawings (moving the end), it may help too.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
User avatar
Sönam
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Pero » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 pm

MrDistracted wrote:Thanks. The video just didn't work, it's not like it said i had wrong software or anything, but the audio was fine on the old link.

But since it's ok to get it all by audio, then all is good.

The audio was fine on the new page most of the time too.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Sönam » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm

I put the audio on on one page, and the video without sound on another one ... the image is a bit late, but we have to work with circumstances :twothumbsup:

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
User avatar
Sönam
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby michaelb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm

I don't think he gave Guru Yoga transmission. I thought he said he was going to do it tomorrow. I don't think there was enough time today. Good teaching, though. Lots on where he got the teaching from (Adzom Drukpa's son) and the circumstances around that, explaining union and liberation, especially talking about meat in tsok (I lost the connection around this point for a minute or two.) Then lots on the eight classes and gyalpos in particular, especially that nasty one who he said isn't really a gyalpo (they're not all bad, he used Pehar as an example). Also explained that the practice can help with diseases like AIDS caused by Senmo, apparently. Finished expaining the essence of the practice for Dzogchen practitioners is Guru Yoga, explained Guru Yoga with white A then did dedication.
michaelb
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:14 pm

michaelb wrote:I don't think he gave Guru Yoga transmission.



He gave transmission for Guru Yoga-- he clearly said so.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby michaelb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Oh, I must have misunderstood that bit. What form the the transmission take? I suppose I was expecting a bit of a shout and that.
michaelb
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:24 pm

michaelb wrote:Oh, I must have misunderstood that bit. What form the the transmission take? I suppose I was expecting a bit of a shout and that.



he explained Guru YOga of white A. That is transmission -- transmission and introduction are two different things.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby michaelb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh, I see.
michaelb
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:52 am

michaelb wrote:Oh, I see.



It is a question of shifting lingo from one dharma scene to another.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby alpha » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 am

Rinpoche said last night something about how whole families can be affected by the class of Gyalpo from parents to children to grandchildren to grand-grandchildren affecting many generations down the line.


What would be the signs that your family or your ancestors have been affected by this ?
And how is this past on from parents to children ?
Why are children affected by this?
AOM
alpha
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: kent

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Kilaya » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:38 am

alpha wrote:Rinpoche said last night something about how whole families can be affected by the class of Gyalpo from parents to children to grandchildren to grand-grandchildren affecting many generations down the line.


What would be the signs that your family or your ancestors have been affected by this ?
And how is this past on from parents to children ?
Why are children affected by this?


Nervousness and recurring nightmares are two signs I know of. Why would a whole family be affected? Maybe because of the very strong connection called family karma. But regular daily practice does help, so no need to worry. :)
User avatar
Kilaya
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:00 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby MrDistracted » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi

Could someone point me towards any written instructions available of the Guru Yoga of White A that Rinpoche gave yesterday.
Also where is there a long life prayer for Rinpoche available?

Thanks
MrDistracted
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Sönam » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 pm

MrDistracted wrote:Hi

Could someone point me towards any written instructions available of the Guru Yoga of White A that Rinpoche gave yesterday.
Also where is there a long life prayer for Rinpoche available?

Thanks


http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.php?l=product_detail&p=439

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
User avatar
Sönam
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Sherlock » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:56 pm

I couldn't type the action mantra of Dorje Drolod in time, can someone PM it to me?
Sherlock
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: conebeckham, frank123 and 26 guests

>