Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Bhusuku

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Bhusuku »

Dronma wrote:Bhusuku, thank you for the information.
But this only declares generally the existence of an Internet Committe.
And as far as I know, none of the above 4 mentioned people, who were in charge back in 2001, took part in the backstage backstabbing against DB. [/color]
Frankly, I don't know exactly what happend on that blog, and I'm not particularly interested in it either. All I wanted to say was, there is an DC Internet Committee. They are in charge of the online presence of the community and I guess they can tell you what their regulations and guidelines exactly are.

EDIT: ...well, what I actually really wanted to say was: we need an official (or at least by Rinpoche approved semi-official) DC forum.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Bhusuku wrote: Frankly, I don't know exactly what happend on that blog, and I'm not particularly interested in it either. All I wanted to say was, there is an DC Internet Committee. They are in charge of the online presence of the community and I guess they can tell you what their regulations and guidelines exactly are.

EDIT: ...well, what I actually really wanted to say was: we need an official (or at least by Rinpoche approved semi-official) DC forum.
1) The regulations and guidelines must be published in one of the official DC websites, so everybody can read them.
2) I also believe that a DC closed forum could bring a lot of benefit for many people.
Let's see if the "shadow people" will permit it.... :tongue:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Sorry to butt back into the flow of the thread with something other than a contribution to the present topic, but I'll be quick. Would one of my vajra brothers or sisters out there who knows how to practice the version of the guru yoga in the medium & long thuns be willing to PM me a concise step-by-step explanation of how to practice it? I have the thun book and the explanation text for the short thun, but I'd like to practice the medium one from time to time and I'm unsure if I'm doing it right. Thanks in advance! Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming. :)
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thanks to all of you who responded to help me out. :namaste:
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

oldbob wrote:
:smile:

:heart:
oldbob, just wanted you to know that when you wrote through messages I sent a 1st response, then you wrote back and there were some questions in there about a certain place and also the archive, actually I sent a reply in detail, but that reply I have the feeling for some reason it was not sent by me properly, because it does not show in my "sent" messages, so I want you to know I wrote you back but have no record of that and I don't think it reached you.

I will put my suggestion here. See Rinpoche this summer, I sat with Rinpoche in private interview last summer, the Geko can arrange, and let him know all your considerations about the archive, that is what I wrote, but I don't think it went through, sorry about that.

:cheers:

:hi:
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

T. Chokyi wrote:I will put my suggestion here. See Rinpoche this summer, I sat with Rinpoche in private interview last summer, the Geko can arrange, and let him know all your considerations about the archive, that is what I wrote, but I don't think it went through, sorry about that.
This is a very good suggestion! :twothumbsup:
First of all, we need the permission of Rinpoche, isn't it?
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

Here is an update to the "Secondary Practice List" with some more Wylie added.
This is being crowd sourced, so there is no guarantee of anything. (Kind of like life.)

Thank you crowd.

What a HUGE feast of precious Dharma. Enjoy! Don't get indigestion. (Kind of like life.)

Now imagine if this were on-line (members only), with hyper-links to Rinpoche teaching these (and with a means for lineal transmission and permissions).

So many people would get the benefit.

:buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1:

Please feel free to add and publish / send back. Thank you Rinpoche!!! (Bigger than the universe.)

25 spaces of Samantabhadra [aka thos grol/25 Thigle/25 Longchens] (Changchub Dorje terma) [Thos grol nyer lnga ; Thig le nyer lnga ; kun bzang klong chen nyer lnga]
30 Nyingtams (Longchenpa) [sNying gtam sum cu pa]
7 Semdzins [sems 'dzin] [Sems ‘dzin bdun]
7 Statements Main Points of Shri Singha [Shrî Simha’i gzer bu bdun pa]
9 Purification Breathings [rlung ro bsal ba]
Amitayus Long-Life Practice (Nyagla Pema Dundul terma)
Ati Dzogchen Tregchod (Changchub Dorje terma) [Sounds like a reconstructed title but in case it is correct, the spelling should be A ti rdzogs chen khregs chod]
Avalokiteshvara Korwa Tongtrug [spyan ras gzigs] (Adzom Drukpa terma)
Base, Path and Fruit of the Dzogchen Longchen Nyingthig
Bepa'i Gumchung Experiential instructions (Buddhagupta) [sBas pa’i rgum chung]
Black Manjushri [‘Jam dpal nag po]
Black Garuda [Khyung nag]
Chang Chog - Ritual of purification for the deceased [byang chog]
Chikha Bardos [Bardo of the Moment of death] [‘Chi kha’i bar do]
Chö [gcod] (Machig Labdron/Jigme Lingpa terma) [gCod — mKha’ ‘gro gad rgyangs]
Choszhi Rinchen Trengwa (Longchenpa) [Chos bzhi rin chen phreng ba]
Dark-Blue Garuda (Changchub Dorje terma from the cycle of Lama Zabdon's Khyung-nag) [Bla ma zab don gyi khyung nag]
Dorje Drolod (Adzom Drugpa terma)
Dorje Lü [rdo rje'i glu; Song of Vajra (found in the bi ma snying thig/Tantra of the Union of the Sun and Moon ___(nyi zla kha sbyor)]
Dorjei Kotrab [Vajra Armor Healing Mantra] (Dorje Lingpa terma) [rDo rje go bkrab]
Dorje Yudronma The Longsal Diviantion of
Dragphur [guru drag phur; aka Guru Dragpo Kila]
Dzogchen Desum [3 Classes of the Great Perfection] [rDzogs chen sde gsum]
Dzogchen Medjung, The Marvelous state [rDzogs chen rMad byung]
Dzogchen Nallug [rdzogs chen rnal lugs]
Dzogchen Padma Nyingthig [rDzogs chen padma snying thig]
Essential Teaching on Vimalamitra light of Dharma
Garab Dorje Guru Yoga of the white A
Ganapuja [thun tshog]
Gomadevi [short & long version]
Green Tara [Adzom Drugpa terma (Invocation by ChNN)]
Guardian Practice
Introduction to the real essence of the Dzogchen Teachings of Garab Dorje
Jangchub Semgom [The Instruction of Primordial State] [Byang chub sems (b)sgom]
Khading Shoklap [mKha’ lding gshog rlabs]
Khorde Rüshan ['khor 'das ru shan]
Khyung Chen Dingwa [khyung chen lding ba; The Flight of the Garuda]
Kumar Kumari Yantra Yoga for Children
Kunje Gyalpo [kun byed rgyal po'i rgyud]
Kuntu Zangpo Mönlam [kun bzang smon lam; Invocation of Samatabhadra] (Gödem Chen terma Gongpa ___Zangthal Gyi Gyü) [dGongs pa zang thal gyi rgyud]
Kyechi Bardo [Bardo of the life time] [sKye ‘chi bar do]
Lam Zhi Dras (Changchub Dorje terma) [gZhi lam ‘bras...something is missing for a complete title]
Lama Zabdon Nyingthig (Chanchub Dorje terma) [Bla ma zab don snying thig]
Lhalung Sangdag (Heka Lingpa terma)
Longde [Klong sde]
Long life Practice and Chüdlen of Nyagla Pema Dündul, Amitayus
Long life of Guru Rinpoche
Longsal Root Empowerment [Klong gsal rtsa dbang]
Longsal: Actions of the Guru Jñanadakini [bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro'i phrin las rgya]
Longsal: Bardo Instructions Sealed with the HUM [bar do'i gdams pa hum gi rgya can]
Longsal: Direct Introduction to the Principle of the Mirror of Vajrasattva [rdor sems me long gi dgongs pa ngo sprod]
Longsal: Essence of the Heart of Guru Jnanadhakkini (Lama Yeshes Khadro'i Thugthig) [Bla ma ye shes mkha’ ‘gro thugs thig]
Longsal: King of Space [nam mkha'i rgyal po]
Longsal: Main Points of the View Totally Beyond the Conceptual Mind [lta ba blo 'das chen po'i gnad byang]
Longsal: Most Important Point of the Lama Gongdü [bla ma dgongs 'dus kyi gnad gzer]
Longsal: Most Important Points on the View, Meditation, Behavior, and Fruit [lta sgom spyod 'bras kyi gnad gzer aka A ti'i gnad gzer man ngag]
Longsal: Opening of the Gate to the State of Ati [a ti'i dgongs pa sgo 'byed]
Longsal: Outer, Inner, and Secret Practices of the Guru Wisdom Dakini [Bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro ma'i phyi nang gsang gsum las byang]
Longsal: Principle of the View Totally Beyond Conceptual Mind [lta ba blo 'das chen po'i dgongs pa]
Preliminary Practice From the Longsal Cycle [Klong gsal sngon ‘gro]
Longsal: Profound Essential Upadesha of the Long Life Practice & The Thigle of Vajra Life [tshe sgrub rdo rje'i srog thig gi gnad kyi man ngag zab mo]
Longsal: Purification of the Six Lokas as Preliminaries of the Path of Ati [a ti'i lam sngon rigs drug gnas sbyong aka A ti'i lam gnad sngon 'gro]
Longsal: Root Upadesha on the Vajra Bridge of Longde/Ngondzog Gyalpo [klong sde rdo rje zam pa'i man ngag gi rtsa ba] (May 2012)
Longsal: Tantra of the Manifestation of the Vajra Dance That Liberates the Six Classes in the Six Spaces [klong drug 'gro ba drug grol gyi rdo rje'i gar rgya rnam par bkod pa'i rgyud]
Longsal: Thigle of Vajra Life, Longevity Practice of the Immortal Dakini ['chi med mkha' 'gro'i tshe sgrub rdo rje srog thig rgya]
Longsal: Upadesha for the Self-Liberation of the Six Lokas [rgyud drug rang grol gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha of Introduction to the State of Ati [a ti'i dgongs pa ngo sprod kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha of the Oral Transmission of Thangtong Gyalpo [thang rgyal snyan rgyud kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on All-Penetrating Wisdom [ye shes zang thal gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Guruyoga of the White A [a dkar bla ma'i rnal 'byor gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Profound Path of Illusory Body [zab lam sgyu lus kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Thögal of Self-Perfected Luminous Clarity [lhun grub 'od gsal thod rgal gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Total Behavior of Equal Taste [spyod pa ro snyoms chen po'i man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Tregchö of Primordial Purity [ka dag khregs chod kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Twenty-Five Spaces [klong chen nyi shu rtsa lnga'i man ngag]
Longsal: Way to Practice the Profound Path of Guru Kalachakra [bla ma dus kyi 'khor lo'i zab lam nyams su len tshul]
Longsal: Wish-Fulfilling Jewel, Thigle of the Mind of the Guru Wisdom Dakini [bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro'i thugs thig yid bzhin nor bu]
Longsal: Yangti Yoga of Darkness [yang ti mun pa'i rnal 'byor]
Longsal: Yoga of Prana for Clarity and Emptiness [gsal stong rlung gi rnal 'byor]
Lungta [rlung rta]
Man ngag 'Odsal Nangcha (Patrul Rinpoche) [Man ngag ‘od gsal snang cha]
Man ngag tag drol gyud (Changchub Dorje terma) [Man ngag btags grol rgyud]
Mandarava Tsalung [Man da ra wa’i rtsa rlung]
Mandarava Long-life & Chüdlen
Marme Mönlam [mar me smon lam] (Adzom Drukpa terma)
Medicine Buddha [Bhaiṣajyaguruvaidūryaprabharāja]
Medicine Terma of Rigdzin Changchub Dorje
Method of Integration from Dzogchen Upadesha root tantra Dra Thalgyur
Milam – Dream practice
Mo Divination
Naga Practice
Namkha [nam mkha’]
Narag Tongtrug [na rak dong sprug(s)]
Naslug Cherthong of Jigmed Lingpa [the naked condition of Dzogchen] [gNas lugs cer mthong]
Nyamtrid Dzogchen Nyinthig [Nyams khrid rdzogs chen snying thig]
Nyangyud Khorva Dongtruk [sNyan brgyud ‘khor ba dong sprug(s)]
Özer Chenma ['Od zer can ma; Skt: Marici]
Padma Nyingthig [pad ma snying thig]
Phowa [‘Pho ba]
Precious Mala - Four Dharmas of Gampopa
Purification of the 6 Lokas (Nyagla Pema Dündul terma)
Red Garuda (Adzom Drugpa terma)
rigs-drug gnas-sbyong
Rushen
Sang [bsang mchod] (Adzom Drugpa)
Sangye Lakchang (Namchos Migyur Dorje terma) [Sangs rgyas lag ‘chang]
Semde Rigpa'i Khujyug [rig pa'i khu byug; The Cuckoo of Presence]
Semde, The Four Contemplations of the
Semlung Namkhache [Sems lung nam mkha’ che]
Semdzin [Sems ‘dzin]
Semdzin with the Syllable Phat
Serkyem (Nub Sangye Yeshe) [gSer skyems]
Shakyamuni’s Praises to the 21 Taras
Shitro [Zhi khro]
Short Ganapuja of Jigme Lingpa
Shri Gyalpo'i Khyadchos (Patrul Rinpoche) [mKhas pa shri’i rgyal po’i khyad chos]
Simhamukha
Song of Energy
Song of the Vajra [rDo rje’i glu]
Statements of Four Stages of Relaxation of Jnanasutra [Ye shes mdo bzhag thabs bzhi]
Togal [Thod rgal]
Tregchöd - The Four Chogshag. [Khregs chod — cog bzhag bzhi]
Tregcho teaching of Jigmed Lingpa from the Instruction "Yeshe Lama"
Tsik Sum Nedeg [tshig gsum gnad du brdeg pa; Three Statements of Garab Dorje]
Tundrin [thun 'bring; medium tun]
Tundus [thun bsdus; short tun]
Tungyas [thun rgyas; longer thun]
Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen from the great master Arago [Phyag rdzogs zung ‘jug]
Vaidurya'i Chun-phyangs of Patrul Rinpoche
Vajra Breathing [rdo rje'i bzlas pa]
Vajra Dance
Vajrapani (Heka Lingpa terma)
Purification Practice of Vajrasattva and Mandala Offering
Yangti – Dark Retreat
Yeshes Zangthal and Nadzer
Zernga [gzer lnga; “Five Nails”]
Zhaldam [Advice of Khyenrab Chos-kyi Odzer] [Zhal gdams]
Zhenpa Zhidral [Zhen pa bzhi bral]
Zhine and Lhagthong [zhi gnas; Skt: shamatha / lhag mthong; Skt: vipashyana]
Zhine (zhi gnas) related with the Longsal Ati Gongpa Ngosprod (Klong gsal a ti dgongs pa ngo sprod)
Zhitro Khordas Rangdrol [zhi khro 'khor 'das rang grol] (Changchub Dorje terma)
Zhitro [zhi khro] (Namchö Mingyur Dorje terma)
Zhuslan [Request & Reply of Jyithing Lhamo, King Khrisong, Shelkarza Dorjetsho, Yeshe Tshogyal, Vairocana, ___Gomchens (Great Meditators) and Geshes]
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

pawel wrote: What I remember fro mthe end, is that Khyentse Yeshe said his father is in good health and so he's not going to teach and if anyone invites him they should make sure it's not about him but about what he can share with them for the DC. Hence what he teaches NOW (because he actually had a very different approach, or style, when he started and then also changed along the way) is the approach like in Kiev or the Yeshe Lama.
Can you clarify what you mean, Khyentse Yeshe's approach is like in Kiev or the Yeshe Lama? Thanks. :anjali:
pawel

Post by pawel »

dakini_boi wrote:
pawel wrote: What I remember fro mthe end, is that Khyentse Yeshe said his father is in good health and so he's not going to teach and if anyone invites him they should make sure it's not about him but about what he can share with them for the DC. Hence what he teaches NOW (because he actually had a very different approach, or style, when he started and then also changed along the way) is the approach like in Kiev or the Yeshe Lama.
Can you clarify what you mean, Khyentse Yeshe's approach is like in Kiev or the Yeshe Lama? Thanks. :anjali:
I mean the teachings of Yeshe Lama like He gave in the webcast, or workshops like the last two in Kiev (I haven't been there but my friends were).

By the way, there is a planned visit of Khyentse Yeshe to Poland and Chech, it is going to be co-organized by the two countries, details are not yet known except that the topic will be Yeshe Lama.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Sorry to be so obvious, but i don't think its kind of like life. It is life. No more, no less.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

DC question that may be of interest to the general reader:

I was reminded this week that the mandala used in Vajra Dance also represents two hemispheres of this earth (northern and southern). Somewhere there exists a projection map of this mandala over a map of our globe, representing the intersections of different kinds of energies in different places on earth (as it was explained to me). Does anyone have an image of this globe available that is large enough to read? I'm asking because I'd like to understand better how the different DC gars came to be sited where they are sited, for instance.

thanks.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Jikan wrote:DC question that may be of interest to the general reader:

I was reminded this week that the mandala used in Vajra Dance also represents two hemispheres of this earth (northern and southern). Somewhere there exists a projection map of this mandala over a map of our globe, representing the intersections of different kinds of energies in different places on earth (as it was explained to me). Does anyone have an image of this globe available that is large enough to read? I'm asking because I'd like to understand better how the different DC gars came to be sited where they are sited, for instance.

thanks.
http://www.gismatters.com/mandala.gif

we got this one, but any views of the other side of the earth?
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Jikan wrote:http://www.gismatters.com/mandala.gif

we got this one, but any views of the other side of the earth?
Thank you, Jikan!
I am also interested in knowing more about this. :smile:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

a user named Mathias on a different board shared it here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/o4pbj4ll8

it's a beautiful map.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Jikan wrote:a user named Mathias on a different board shared it here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/o4pbj4ll8

it's a beautiful map.

Excellent! :twothumbsup:
Thank you again!
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

It has me thinking that the Philippine Islands may be an interesting spot to explore. I'm not entirely familiar with how to read the map--I get that the colors represent the elements, but getting at how their intersections work is another matter.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Los Angeles Retreat, May 17-19

For Freeing Illnesses of the Body
From the Dzogchen Upadesha Nyingthig Yazhi
(Ten-zhi Lus-kyi Geg-sel )

Closed Webcast, timezone: [gmt-7]

The Teaching Schedule:
17 may Friday Evening : 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
18 may Saturday : 10:00 AM - 12 Noon,
18 may Saturday : 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
19 may Sunday : 10 AM - 12 Noon followed by Ganapuja

Webcast Site http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast
Updated schedule and information can be found here.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

New York City Retreat

May 31st - June 2nd

Longsal Atii Gongpa Ngosprod
(Introduction of the state of Ati series of Longsal teaching)

Open Webcast, Timezone: GMT-4:00
Friday, May 31st 7pm-9pm - Teaching
Saturday, June 1st 10am-12pm - Teaching
Saturday, June 1st 4pm-6pm - Teaching
Sunday, June 2nd 10am-12pm - Teaching

It will be transmitted from :
The Armenian Diocese Conference Center
630 Second Avenue
(between 34th & 35th Streets)
New York, NY 10016 In the Webcast Site http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast
You will find updated schedule and information at the link.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Can someone please list the practices he gave lung for on Sunday morning. My list is awful.

Thank you!!
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

YES! Thank you so much. Again, my notes were very pathetic. These are amazing!

Return to “Dzogchen”