Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

CrawfordHollow

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Does anyone know if you can access older retreats on the replay site? I was hoping to listen to the ngondro retreat from Greece, it was up there a few weeks ago, but doesn't seem to be there anymore. Are the retreats only available to listen to for a limited time? I am not too familiar with how all this works so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Troy
Pero

Post by Pero »

CrawfordHollow wrote:Are the retreats only available to listen to for a limited time?
Yes. In the past they were available only till the next retreat. Now they are available longer but not forever.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

CrawfordHollow wrote:Does anyone know if you can access older retreats on the replay site? I was hoping to listen to the ngondro retreat from Greece, it was up there a few weeks ago, but doesn't seem to be there anymore. Are the retreats only available to listen to for a limited time? I am not too familiar with how all this works so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Troy

Shang Shung Institute keeps the copyrights for all the material of the various teachings. So, anybody who is member of DC and has followed a particular teaching, can buy these audio files from the different web stores of SSI.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
krodha

Post by krodha »

alpha wrote:I have a question about a certain custom in Dc.I have noticed that lots of male students of Rinpoche and Rinpoche himself have long hair.
Can someone say what is the significance behind that?
This is an aspect which is never talked about or explained and i wonder if is just a mimetic kind of behaviour or is there a tradition with its rules and commitments?

When i say mimetic i dont mean this in a kind of derogatory way.As we can see in lots of sanghas the students quite often adopt styles of behaviour and dress which can be directly linked to the way the leader ,teacher of that sangha behaves and dresses.
The long hair is briefly discussed at around 4:10 in this video (the DC trend has nothing to do with this though... to my knowledge at least). Seems the interviewers attempt to ask about it but don't get too much info, and then the narrator later briefly discusses the growing of the hair and then mentions the cutting of it as being a sign that the individual is preparing for death. Usually individuals who have taken the vow curl their hair to form a little bun (or giant bun depending on how long it's been growing) and the spot in the middle of the curl has some significance. It's definitely a ngakpa thing but also transcends the ngakpa lifestyle since other yogi's do it (both indian and tibetan). The ngakpa's grow their hair long to contrast what renunciant monks following the sutric path do (shaving their heads).

Talks about the hair between 4:10 and 6:10
phpBB [video]
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

ChNN himself also kept short hair for years though.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Sherlock wrote:ChNN himself also kept short hair for years though.
:thumbsup:
Talking about hairs, while our aim is the state of Dzogchen which is beyond any limitation, is at least funny.... :tongue:
krodha

Post by krodha »

Dronma wrote:
Talking about hairs, while our aim is the state of Dzogchen which is beyond any limitation, is at least funny.... :tongue:
True but no limitations also means total freedom to talk about hairs! :tongue:
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

asunthatneversets wrote:
Dronma wrote:
True but no limitations also means total freedom to talk about hairs! :tongue:
OK. Let's talk about hairs then.... :cheers:
AdamAnt

Post by AdamAnt »

I like Chögjal Namkhai Norbu´s books "Lo Specchio", "Rigbai kujyug- the Six Vajra Verses" and "Uníntroduzione allo Dzog-chen".
Om Mani Peme Hung
heart

Post by heart »

Great teaching today. Rinpoche is making some important points about going beyond...everything.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

now my confusion is perfect:
how does Ngondzog Gyalpo looks like? does he have the left leg bent & the right straight, or is it otherwise?!? :shrug:
i could swear CNN said the last time, that he has the right straight...
in the Community it seems they have pictures of both versions...
Lost In Transmission
wisdomfire

Post by wisdomfire »

Hi I am looking for a clear scanned copy of the Tagdrol for Avalokiteshvara Khorwa Dongtruk, i wonder if anyone can send it to me. Thank you!! :thinking:
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

lelopa wrote:now my confusion is perfect:
how does Ngondzog Gyalpo looks like? does he have the left leg bent & the right straight, or is it otherwise?!? :shrug:
i could swear CNN said the last time, that he has the right straight...
in the Community it seems they have pictures of both versions...

Yes, it is like you are saying.
Rinpoche also mentioned that the picture which was distributed at the retreat was wrong, since it had been made by a westerner, who obviously did not know about the symbolism of this particular Thangka.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Rinpoche also mentioned that there is an incense purification other than Sang but I could not make out the name of it. Does anyone know what this is called and anything else about it?
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Dronma wrote:

Rinpoche also mentioned that the picture which was distributed at the retreat was wrong, since it had been made by a westerner, who obviously did not know about the symbolism of this particular Thangka.
yes - but i cannot remember which one that was - both pictures i know are from westerners.
the pic painted by n. dudka that you can download at the webcast-page has the right leg in front.
is it that we should use?
Lost In Transmission
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

lelopa wrote:
Dronma wrote:

yes - but i cannot remember which one that was - both pictures i know are from westerners.
the pic painted by n. dudka that you can download at the webcast-page has the right leg in front.
is it that we should use?

Yes, the picture in the webcast page is correct for Yab - right leg in front. But Rinpoche also explained that Yum has the one leg extended - the left, if I remember well. Which both, obviously, are related with the corresponding energy channels of male and female.
In any case, a good suggestion would be, for all of us who are interested, to listen to the replays of that teaching, since they are still up in the Replay section, and keep notes.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Dronma wrote:

Yes, the picture in the webcast page is correct for Yab - right leg in front. But Rinpoche also explained that Yum has the one leg extended - the left, if I remember well. Which both, obviously, are related with the corresponding energy channels of male and female.
In any case, a good suggestion would be, for all of us who are interested, to listen to the replays of that teaching, since they are still up in the Replay section, and keep notes.
:thanks: :anjali:
You're right but sometimes even the replay is difficult to understand and especially for students who are not so good in english, or it is difficult to find the right part...
it is sometimes easier to get a good information at Dharmawheel...
f.e. from Dronma :mrgreen:
Lost In Transmission
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

lelopa wrote: :thanks: :anjali:
You're right but sometimes even the replay is difficult to understand and especially for students who are not so good in english, or it is difficult to find the right part...

Let's hope that: 1) Dronma is not cuckoo, and 2) she has understood correctly what Rinpoche explained. :tongue:
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Dronma wrote:
lelopa wrote: :thanks: :anjali:

Let's hope that: 1) Dronma is not cuckoo, and 2) she has understood correctly what Rinpoche explained. :tongue:
:lol:
I found the explanation at the replay-site it is the 20121125-mp3 at 1:22:xx
dronma understood it well!
Lost In Transmission
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Merry Xmas all and ALL.

Of course Dronma is cuckoo nature and therefor everything she writes is also wonderfully cuckoo. :smile:

So in this life you are male and you put one leg forward, and next life you are female and you put the other leg forward.

Hmnnnnn? Maybe I have had a few lives and just have to keep being reborn until I get this leg thing right!!!

Hmnnnnn? Maybe I can put both legs forward! Maybe I can put no legs forward. Can I do both at once?

And so beyond any fixed quality / idea whatsoever, one may hear the cuckoo's cheery call.

http://www.keithdowman.net/dzogchen/cuckoos_song.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cuckoo

cuckoo

Homage to the Dzogchen Masters. May they live long in good health, and with success in all things.

GURU DRAGPHUR RETREAT
TENERIFE 26th Dec. 2012 -1st Jan. 2013
OPEN WEBCAST

Dec 26th, 4-6pm.

Introduction about this retreats’ teaching and gave the tridlung of Short Thun Practice.

Dec. 27th, 10am-12pm.

Introduction and Transmission of the Ati Guru Yoga and gave the Tridlung of Short Gana Puja.

Dec. 28th, 10am-12pm.

Introduction of all empowerments in general and particularly about the Donwang, then Rinpoche will give the Donwang of Guru Dragphur.

Dec. 28th, 12,30pm.

We do a Short Gana Puja for the full moon.

Dec 29th, 10am-12pm.

Explanation: how importance of Guru Dragphur practice in our relative condition and tridlung of Medium Thun.

Dec. 30th, 10am-12pm.

Instructions how all different way of the gradual and no gradual transformation methods of the Development and accomplishing stages can integrate in essences of the practice of Guru Dragphur. Rinpoche will give the Tridlung of Medium Gana Puja.

Dec. 31st, 10am-12pm.

Instructions how we can apply the essence practice of Guru Dragphur in our daily lives and tridlung of Longer Thun and Gana Puja.

Dec. 31st, 4-7pm.

We do Medium Gana Puja for the end of this retreat.

Jan. 1st, 10am-12pm.

Advices for the daily life practices and tridlungs of collective practices and so on. Ati Guru Yoga altogether for finishing our retreat.
In the Webcast Site http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You will find updated SCHEDULE and informations.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Return to “Dzogchen”