Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Sherlock

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Sherlock »

Yes, I know that, T. Chokyi. What I didn't catch was his description of what CCD did after receiving a new terma.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Sherlock wrote:Yes, I know that, T. Chokyi. What I didn't catch was his description of what CCD did after receiving a new terma.
Hi Sherlock,

Sorry then I can't asnwer that question. From your original question, I thought maybe you didn't understand how CCD did things, it wasn't his "way" to give formal empowerments, but you know that, so my post would have answered your original question if you did not know that already. In your original question I didn't see you mentioning any "new terma" like you are now, sorry I didn't hear anything about"new terma" or what CCD did or didn't do with this "new terma", but somebody else may have heard what you did, and remember that part, perhaps in their notes, so I can't answer you, and unfortunately it is too early for the "re-run", it isn't up at the replay site yet so I can't evaluate that exact part, where you must have heard "new terma". Be it as it may, as you know, CCD wouldn't rush to give formal empowerment for anything. If you are a member of the DC you can replay that part when the item becomes available, if you are not a member, I will transcript it and send you that part when I find it and it becomes available, as I'd like to be able to answer better.

:namaste:
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

Frustration ... my Internet commitment is intermittent and I have been trying for well over a year to get the telecommunication company to fix this. Sometimes the connection is fairly stable, but lately it has been extremely unstable. This makes it difficult, but not impossible, to follow the webcasts: frustrating, but not impossible because one can access replays. Today, however, it has been particularly frustrating giving that the purpose of this particular session has been the Donwang, and my connection has cut repeatedly and for fairly long periods in the course of the Dongwang. Presumably, given that it is a Dongwang, I cannot "fill the gaps" as it were by relying on the replays, though I tried to follow in real time as best as I could in the circumstances. In turn, this presumably means that I cannot apply the particular teachings. It has left me feeling somewhat heartsore.
Dukkham eva hi, na koci dukkhito,
kaarako na, kiriyaa va vijjati,
atthi nibbuti, na nibbuto pumaa,
maggam atthi, gamako na vijjati

Suffering there certainly is, but no sufferer,
no doer, though certainly the deed is found.
peace is achieved, but no-one's appeased,
the way is walked, but no walker's to be found.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Sally Gross wrote:Frustration ... my Internet commitment is intermittent and I have been trying for well over a year to get the telecommunication company to fix this. Sometimes the connection is fairly stable, but lately it has been extremely unstable. This makes it difficult, but not impossible, to follow the webcasts: frustrating, but not impossible because one can access replays. Today, however, it has been particularly frustrating giving that the purpose of this particular session has been the Donwang, and my connection has cut repeatedly and for fairly long periods in the course of the Dongwang. Presumably, given that it is a Dongwang, I cannot "fill the gaps" as it were by relying on the replays, though I tried to follow in real time as best as I could in the circumstances. In turn, this presumably means that I cannot apply the particular teachings. It has left me feeling somewhat heartsore.
Isn't it the case that if you are attending the webcast and lose parts of it, you still receive what Rinpoche intended? Maybe an experienced DC practitioner could confirm this.
Left
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Malcolm as well as Rinpoche confirmed this during the Dorje Drolod webcast, however, Rinpoche gave the Dorje Drolod donwang briefly a second time because people online were feeling very stressed about it.
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

Blue Garuda wrote:Isn't it the case that if you are attending the webcast and lose parts of it, you still receive what Rinpoche intended? Maybe an experienced DC practitioner could confirm this.
I hope that you are right: I did try my best under the circumstances to follow the instructions given even when my connection dropped in the middle. In that sense, I tried to be "in sync", as it were, even when the actual webcast connection had dropped. What I cannot be sure of is that I did not miss some of the instructions, and suspect that I missed out on both the instructions and their implementation in at least one phase of the Dongwang. The intention is obviously important; but simultaneous presence of teacher and student to one another and sharing in the same state are also presumably crucial. Were one to follow a webcast which lost connection for the whole of a dongwang, for instance, would the intention suffice to make up for what was missed out? Or does it work like a holograph, where the whole is in every part as it were? Even in the latter case, losing connection at important points is frustrating -- it is the only physical medium through which I can actually encounter our teacher in real time. :(

Ah, I've just seen Sherlock's posting about what Malcolm and Rinpoche himself had said, which is heartening :heart: :twothumbsup: :thanks:
Dukkham eva hi, na koci dukkhito,
kaarako na, kiriyaa va vijjati,
atthi nibbuti, na nibbuto pumaa,
maggam atthi, gamako na vijjati

Suffering there certainly is, but no sufferer,
no doer, though certainly the deed is found.
peace is achieved, but no-one's appeased,
the way is walked, but no walker's to be found.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Sally Gross wrote: Donwang
:thumbsup:

I have heard the same as what has been posted by the others, so imho you got it, and my best advice would be to
follow as closely as you can the rest, and then just fill in the gaps from the teachings once you can listen
to the replays. Another thing I would advise is when it "cuts out" to remain connected to the presence of Rinpoche
and not feel the frustration, in other words, work with circumstance and stay as much as you can in the transmission,
so that when it comes back up you are "ready"... (I know, harder said then done, lol) I have had the same experiences,
however, I'm confident that even when he is cutting in and out, I am getting it, as I place my mind there with Rinpoche.

Sincerely
TT Chokyi

P.S. Been listening for seven years now.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Sally,

As much as possible, if you do not follow the inevitable thoughts and feelings of frustration that arise when the webcast cuts out, then you will remain in the state with Rinpoche. It is not important to hear his voice at every moment. It is more important to not get lost in the arising of your mind. Not getting lost in your own arisings will allow you to be with him automatically when the webcast resumes and you can hear his voice.

No worries.
Last edited by MalaBeads on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

to complete other's good answers ... and as far as you've received the explanations on what's going on and how is declined the process, you can feel the gaps still being present with the master.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Sally,
There is nothing wrong with writing to ChNN and asking him about this. It is very important to you and sometimes only the Teacher's reassurance will calm things down. And don't think you are 'bothering' him, he is very kind.
heart

Post by heart »

Anyone managed to write down the mantra for the Zhitro Khordas Rangdrol today? Please pm me, thanks!

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:Anyone managed to write down the mantra for the Zhitro Khordas Rangdrol today? Please pm me, thanks!

/magnus

It is in the mantra book.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote:
heart wrote:Anyone managed to write down the mantra for the Zhitro Khordas Rangdrol today? Please pm me, thanks!

/magnus

Thanks, but I don't have that book.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

heart wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

/magnus

/magnus
Did anyone answer your question? If not, I'll pm you.
heart

Post by heart »

Lhasa wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Did anyone answer your question? If not, I'll pm you.
I got it, but thank you Lhasa!

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

seraphim

Post by seraphim »

My internet is intermittent today, did CNN give a lung of the jangchog practice? Or is it enough just to have the Donwang?
heart

Post by heart »

seraphim wrote:My internet is intermittent today, did CNN give a lung of the jangchog practice? Or is it enough just to have the Donwang?
yes, he gave lung while he gave the explanations.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

alpha wrote:For those who are members of DC and have access to the replay website there is an easy way to listen and extract the mp3 file burried in the m3u playlist .

Click on any playlist.It will download to your computer.
Go to the playlist you just downloaded and open it with any text editor .i.e notepad.
Once you open it you copy the bit which starts with http and paste it into your browser.Now you press enter.This will extract the mp3 file to your computer and you will have the file for yourself whether your are off line or online.
:thanks:

Is there a way to request older webcast replays that aren't here...:

http://streaming.ylon.net/replay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...anymore?

Does someone keep an archive of all the older webcast replays somewhere?

If so, how do we request older webcast replays?
arsent

Post by arsent »

seraphim wrote:My internet is intermittent today, did CNN give a lung of the jangchog practice? Or is it enough just to have the Donwang?
I also lost it partially. I sent request to Rinpoche asking to repeat it today if possible.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

LZ TAKHYUNG KILAYA (Dark Blue Garuda combined with other deities and with a Kilaya lower body):

Rinpoche has very kindly clarified a couple of aspects of this practice for me via email, including the mantra.

I'll be glad to share his advice with anyone in the DC who has received that transmission (I'll send via PM).

Thank you Rinpoche. :) _/\_
Left

Return to “Dzogchen”