Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

florin

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by florin »

Pero wrote:What Rinpoche calls Ati GY is just the GY with the white A. In one book he says that this is more Yangti style. What you're talking about is related to Rinpoche's terma on the GY of Garab Dorje. But in any case, there is refuge and bodhicitta, there just aren't any invocations for it. Refuge is Namo Guru etc., and bodhicitta you do with your intention. This is usually done at the beginning of every practice, after the purification.

you mention the guru yoga of white A.
Is this Guru Yoga of white A the one done from the emptiness side of things where you gradually dissolve everything and eventually experience emptiness?Or is this G Y. of white A a different name for G.Y. of Garab Dorje?I possible conflate the two:The G.Y. of the white A with the G.Y. where emptiness is emphasized and where G.Y of the white A is used as a foundation.

Is there a Guru yoga which is done from the clarity side of things where one experiences clarity ,where this would become obvious?

the clarity is something i have a problem with.This is very difficult to discover as Namdrol mentioned it somewhere.So i would be very curious to know if there is such a G.Y. where the clarity aspect becomes obvious.
Pero

Post by Pero »

alpha wrote:you mention the guru yoga of white A.
Is this Guru Yoga of white A the one done from the emptiness side of things where you gradually dissolve everything and eventually experience emptiness? Or is this G Y. of white A a different name for G.Y. of Garab Dorje? I possible conflate the two: The G.Y. of the white A with the G.Y. where emptiness is emphasized and where G.Y of the white A is used as a foundation.
There is GY with the white A, the basic, most essential practice. Then you have various practices that mainly use the white A among other things. They can work more with clarity or emptiness.
Is there a Guru yoga which is done from the clarity side of things where one experiences clarity ,where this would become obvious?
You could say that GY in general works with clarity. And in particular the GY of Garab Dorje.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Where can we find a listing of upcoming open or closed webcasts? I have looked at many of the various DC websites and although they list Rinpoches teaching schedule they dont list if it will be webcast or not.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Fa Dao wrote:Where can we find a listing of upcoming open or closed webcasts? I have looked at many of the various DC websites and although they list Rinpoches teaching schedule they dont list if it will be webcast or not.
You can check the upcoming schedule here:

http://www.dzogchencommunity.org/activi ... hings.html

You should be able too here too after logging in:
http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/?Home

Kevin
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Excellent!! Thank you so much...not only do they give the date and times but they also give a time converter
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pero

Post by Pero »

Are you going to go, Sonam?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Pero wrote:Are you going to go, Sonam?
I planned to go to the teachings ... but did'nt made any move yet. But that's not a problem. You planned to join?
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sönam wrote:
Pero wrote:Are you going to go, Sonam?
I planned to go to the teachings ... but did'nt made any move yet. But that's not a problem. You planned to join?
Haha, I'm afraid not, too far and I don't have the money.
- Shabkar
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Fa Dao wrote:Excellent!! Thank you so much...not only do they give the date and times but they also give a time converter
My pleasure. Yeah the time converter is a great feature. :D

Kevin
booker

Post by booker »

Wanted to take a chance and thank to everyone involved in organising the Ati Yoga event this weekend in London.

Very nice time!

Cheers
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"
florin

Post by florin »

I was there ..
there were probably 400 people.

Rinpoche kept talking about direct introduction and how the rigpa can be introduced, in how many ways, but he never did the direct introduction...
arsent

Post by arsent »

Does anybody know that book from which Rinpoche gave all those empowerments? As far as I could admit it was pink cover with rainbow A in the center.
It would be great to have such one for personal usage. But I didn't find anything that accumulated all those practices in one book in Shang Shung web stores.
booker

Post by booker »

alpha wrote:Rinpoche kept talking about direct introduction and how the rigpa can be introduced, in how many ways, but he never did the direct introduction...
Really? Hm I think He was saying there is no single retreat when He is not giving the direct introduction..
arsent wrote:Does anybody know that book from which Rinpoche gave all those empowerments? As far as I could admit it was pink cover with rainbow A in the center.
It would be great to have such one for personal usage. But I didn't find anything that accumulated all those practices in one book in Shang Shung web stores.
It's a new Tun book, with the texts for practices + various mudras and colors and things. It was available at the time of the retreat. Didn't buy myself one, doh! I'm sure if we mail someone from Dzogchen Community they can tell how to get it.
Last edited by booker on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
booker

Post by booker »

Yep, here it is, the book that is :)

http://www.shangshunguk.org/v1/index.ph ... &Itemid=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arsent

Post by arsent »

Yep, here it is, the book that is
http://www.shangshunguk.org/v1/index.ph" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &Itemid=44
Not this one, but the second that he used when he gave all those different lungs..
It was not spring book - it was regular book with pink cover lesser size than new Tun book. I mentioned this because I was watching webcast remotely and could see it in details...
I have already placed order for this great new book of Tuns with nice pictures in it :) And asked question regarding this second "pink" book to web store representative..
Will see later when I'll get the reply from them..
booker

Post by booker »

arsent wrote:
Yep, here it is, the book that is
http://www.shangshunguk.org/v1/index.ph" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &Itemid=44
Not this one, but the second that he used when he gave all those different lungs..
It was not spring book - it was regular book with pink cover lesser size than new Tun book. I mentioned this because I was watching webcast remotely and could see it in details...
I have already placed order for this great new book of Tuns with nice pictures in it :) And asked question regarding this second "pink" book to web store representative..
Ah right, the second one. Yeah, no idea :)
Pero

Post by Pero »

arsent wrote:Not this one, but the second that he used when he gave all those different lungs..
As it wouldn't be very practical for him to carry 10 or more books with him so he could give all the lungs, I think that's Rinpoche's personal "lung book" hehe, so you're not going to be able to get it IMO. And it would be pretty much useless without all the other books/CDs/DVDs which explain the practices in it. But if you want to have a book that would have all the practices you already know and just need reminders, you could always make one yourself. :smile:
- Shabkar
arsent

Post by arsent »

As it wouldn't be very practical for him to carry 10 or more books with him so he could give all the lungs, I think that's Rinpoche's personal "lung book" hehe, so you're not going to be able to get it IMO. And it would be pretty much useless without all the other books/CDs/DVDs which explain the practices in it. But if you want to have a book that would have all the practices you already know and just need reminders, you could always make one yourself.
:thanks: for clarification in this topic
florin

Post by florin »

booker wrote:
alpha wrote:Rinpoche kept talking about direct introduction and how the rigpa can be introduced, in how many ways, but he never did the direct introduction...
Really? Hm I think He was saying there is no single retreat when He is not giving the direct introduction..
And at what point EXACTLY did rinpoche gave the direct introduction?
I always fail to understand what this direct introduction is.

To my very limited understanding direct introduction would be being introduced directly to the knowledge of your own state and showing you, this is how your state is by employing a method to look at your own state and therefore have the knowledge of that state.

But can someone explain how can the telling of stories about ones teacher about his students about various levels about how dzogchen can be introduced ,stressing many many times that we should do guru yoga, telling us that we have to be responsible and work with circumstances is in fact a direct introduction into the knowledge of YOUR OWN STATE.

Every time i am listening to him i am like floating into empty space i always leave feeling empty and not knowing what was that all about..
Actually at what point i was directly introduced into the state of rigpa?

Return to “Dzogchen”