Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Malcolm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
So, even once one has become sure about what Rigpa is and is just working on stabilising that knowledge, nothing "cool" will happen?
What could be cooler than that? Everything else is just bells and whistles.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Clarence wrote: So, even once one has become sure about what Rigpa is and is just working on stabilising that knowledge, nothing "cool" will happen?
I think that is an important thing to realize then.
Something really cool does happen.
The three statements of Garab Dorje start to manifest in your experience.
Far cooler than visions of Yidams in my opinion.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Thank you all. That is very clear. I really appreciate all the help. It is very inspiring.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Namdrol wrote: They are mostly being broadcast without restriction these days and if you become a member you can listen to replays.
This is key in my opinion.
Having access to the replays is incredibly valuable.
We are constantly listening to replays in my house.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Sorry to ask something else, but this just came up from reading the thread again.

What happens if, after practicing until death, one still hasn't recognized diddly squat? Would it not have been better to practice the gradual path? At least one has some mantra accumulations to count on in the bardo. :-)
Josef

Post by Josef »

Clarence wrote:Sorry to ask something else, but this just came up from reading the thread again.

What happens if, after practicing until death, one still hasn't recognized diddly squat? Would it not have been better to practice the gradual path? At least one has some mantra accumulations to count on in the bardo. :-)
Rinpoche offers a ton of secondary practices.
Not to worry, mantra recitation etc. is included in the Thun.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

this is a great little thread ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:

If you receive Dzogchen teachings and apply them, you will have nothing to worry about at death. I guarantee it, or money back.
heart

Post by heart »

To be serious I am a bit surprised at this thread. I don't think ChNN needs so much advertisement, pretty sure he wouldn't like it. I wonder why you think it is important to do it?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Josef

Post by Josef »

heart wrote:To be serious I am a bit surprised at this thread. I don't think ChNN needs so much advertisement, pretty sure he wouldn't like it. I wonder why you think it is important to do it?

/magnus
Its not really advertising.
At this point people are sharing information and resources with those who are interested.
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:

If you receive Dzogchen teachings and apply them, you will have nothing to worry about at death. I guarantee it, or money back.

anyone can potential be reborn in the lower realms until you attain the patience level of the path of joining..
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tamdrin wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:

anyone can potential be reborn in the lower realms until you attain the patience level of the path of joining..
That might be true in sutra, but it is not true in Dzogchen.

N
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

oh yeah, then what does ati say about it?, lets see some convincing quotes if u don't mind
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

heart wrote:To be serious I am a bit surprised at this thread. I don't think ChNN needs so much advertisement, pretty sure he wouldn't like it. I wonder why you think it is important to do it?

/magnus
Hi magnus,

This thread isn't so much an "advertisement" as much as a space where students of Namkhai Norbu can discuss practices within their community and help other members. Threads of other communities and teachers are welcome as well.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nonsense, ChNN likes advertising very much. I remember when I was president of Gakyil at Tsegyalgar, I said we must advertise transmission days. People said, oh no, ChNN wont' like that. So I wrote him, and he loved the idea. After that, membership in DC exploded.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tamdrin wrote:oh yeah, then what does ati say about it?, lets see some convincing quotes if u don't mind

I am not really into using the teachings for proving and negating.Only for clarifying what is unclear in people's minds.

If you are interested you can listen to webcasts with ChNN.
Last edited by Malcolm on Mon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Namdrol wrote:
tamdrin wrote:oh yeah, then what does ati say about it?, lets see some convincing quotes if u don't mind

I am not really into using the teachings for proving and negating. If you are interested you can listen to webcast with ChNN. Only for clarifying what is unclear in people's minds.
If folks are interested:
During the April 30th webcast Rinpoche explained this principle quite clearly.
The replay is still available for members.
Last edited by Josef on Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

if you state that one can be liberated from possibility of rebirth in the lower realms other than the standard path it is realized on in sutra then I thought you could explain how this is.. It is not asking about arbitrary comparisons exactly..
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Two things always cause arguments on Tibetan Buddhist boards:

1) Talking about the special features of Dzogchen not shared in other systems.
2) Talking about Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tamdrin wrote:if you state that one can be liberated from possibility of rebirth in the lower realms other than the standard path it is realized on in sutra then I thought you could explain how this is.. It is not asking about arbitrary comparisons exactly..

Yes, but it involves discussing things connected with thögal and I would rather not do this publicly. Dzogchen cosmology is one thing, this is different.

Return to “Dzogchen”