Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

MrDistracted

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by MrDistracted »

Thanks. The video just didn't work, it's not like it said i had wrong software or anything, but the audio was fine on the old link.

But since it's ok to get it all by audio, then all is good.
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

padma norbu wrote:Did he do any sort of transmission today? As usual, I could not keep myself from falling asleep. Took the day off work just to do this and I find myself half asleep about 15 minutes in. Royal struggle to remain awake for the next 2 hours and I did not succeed no matter what position I was in.

Didn't really sound to me from what I heard that he had given a transmission, though.
He gave Ati Guru Yoga/Guru Yoga of the White AH.
A lot of people poo-poo taking notes, but it might help you stay awake.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

The Chrome browser may help as well.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

JinpaRangdrol wrote: He gave Ati Guru Yoga/Guru Yoga of the White AH.
I heard him explaining this, toward the end, but I didn't hear any transmission. I guess I was asleep at the moment he did it. Oh well, I've received that many times before.

I didn't miss the Dorje Drolo wang. That's what I was concerned about. although, I pretty much missed the entire teaching, I can at least try to get through the replay in bite-size pieces later.

Taking notes is a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. Doubt it would have worked today, though. Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

padma norbu wrote:Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.
Try watching standing up. Tree pose might work well too.
Pero

Post by Pero »

JinpaRangdrol wrote: A lot of people poo-poo taking notes, but it might help you stay awake.
:twothumbsup:
Padma Norbu wrote:Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.
That's one drawback of webcasts, much easier to pay attention when you're physically present there.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

padma norbu wrote:
JinpaRangdrol wrote: He gave Ati Guru Yoga/Guru Yoga of the White AH.
I heard him explaining this, toward the end, but I didn't hear any transmission. I guess I was asleep at the moment he did it. Oh well, I've received that many times before.

I didn't miss the Dorje Drolo wang. That's what I was concerned about. although, I pretty much missed the entire teaching, I can at least try to get through the replay in bite-size pieces later.

Taking notes is a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. Doubt it would have worked today, though. Something about the way these webcasts sound puts me to sleep faster than anything on the planet. It wasn't like this when I attended his teachings in person.
It was the first day teaching, it's always light in term of the concerned teaching the first day ... I don't take notes, but I always have a blank page in front of me, and sometime I write down a couple of words, or I make some automatic little drawings (moving the end), it may help too.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pero

Post by Pero »

MrDistracted wrote:Thanks. The video just didn't work, it's not like it said i had wrong software or anything, but the audio was fine on the old link.

But since it's ok to get it all by audio, then all is good.
The audio was fine on the new page most of the time too.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

I put the audio on on one page, and the video without sound on another one ... the image is a bit late, but we have to work with circumstances :twothumbsup:

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

I don't think he gave Guru Yoga transmission. I thought he said he was going to do it tomorrow. I don't think there was enough time today. Good teaching, though. Lots on where he got the teaching from (Adzom Drukpa's son) and the circumstances around that, explaining union and liberation, especially talking about meat in tsok (I lost the connection around this point for a minute or two.) Then lots on the eight classes and gyalpos in particular, especially that nasty one who he said isn't really a gyalpo (they're not all bad, he used Pehar as an example). Also explained that the practice can help with diseases like AIDS caused by Senmo, apparently. Finished expaining the essence of the practice for Dzogchen practitioners is Guru Yoga, explained Guru Yoga with white A then did dedication.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

michaelb wrote:I don't think he gave Guru Yoga transmission.

He gave transmission for Guru Yoga-- he clearly said so.
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Oh, I must have misunderstood that bit. What form the the transmission take? I suppose I was expecting a bit of a shout and that.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

michaelb wrote:Oh, I must have misunderstood that bit. What form the the transmission take? I suppose I was expecting a bit of a shout and that.

he explained Guru YOga of white A. That is transmission -- transmission and introduction are two different things.
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Oh, I see.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

michaelb wrote:Oh, I see.

It is a question of shifting lingo from one dharma scene to another.
florin

Post by florin »

Rinpoche said last night something about how whole families can be affected by the class of Gyalpo from parents to children to grandchildren to grand-grandchildren affecting many generations down the line.

What would be the signs that your family or your ancestors have been affected by this ?
And how is this past on from parents to children ?
Why are children affected by this?
Kilaya

Post by Kilaya »

alpha wrote:Rinpoche said last night something about how whole families can be affected by the class of Gyalpo from parents to children to grandchildren to grand-grandchildren affecting many generations down the line.

What would be the signs that your family or your ancestors have been affected by this ?
And how is this past on from parents to children ?
Why are children affected by this?
Nervousness and recurring nightmares are two signs I know of. Why would a whole family be affected? Maybe because of the very strong connection called family karma. But regular daily practice does help, so no need to worry. :)
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Hi

Could someone point me towards any written instructions available of the Guru Yoga of White A that Rinpoche gave yesterday.
Also where is there a long life prayer for Rinpoche available?

Thanks
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

MrDistracted wrote:Hi

Could someone point me towards any written instructions available of the Guru Yoga of White A that Rinpoche gave yesterday.
Also where is there a long life prayer for Rinpoche available?

Thanks
http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... tail&p=439

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I couldn't type the action mantra of Dorje Drolod in time, can someone PM it to me?

Return to “Dzogchen”