Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby asunthatneversets » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:22 am

YogaDude11 wrote:If I have already received skatipat initiation is it ok to watch this transmission? Is there anything I should know prior to watching?

Starts in 40 mins, just log on and the webcast will be roughly an hour. Most likely will be no explanation but just be attentive and listen/watch Rinpoche with the intention of receiving the transmission and you will. The webcast today will be primarily done in mantra so there's nothing to intellectually comprehend, just be present and attentive with the intention to receive the transmission.
asunthatneversets

Postby Lhasa » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 am

YogaDude11 wrote:If I have already received skatipat initiation is it ok to watch this transmission? Is there anything I should know prior to watching?

read this

http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/files/EMPOWERMENTOFPADMASAMBHAVA.pdf
Lhasa

Postby Admin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:52 pm

PLEASE NOTE

Since May 2011, when this topic was created, a considerable amount of time and effort has been spent by the staff team to try and keep the ad hominem/personal attacks and other assorted off-topic posts under control to facillitate members of, and those interested in, Dzogchen Community in having a place to gather to discuss the teachings of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, i.e. those permitted under Dharma Wheel's Terms of Service or ... the Rules! (ToS).

In just over two years this topic has grown to being an unwieldy 172 pages long (not counting several pages of removed posts). As an example of the (typical) work involved in maintaining this topic, since July 5 2013 to the date of this post i.e. 13 days, there have been 7 reported posts, 55 posts have been removed and all available staff members have received numerous PM's specifically about content of this one topic. One staff member alone has received 21 different PM's in connection with this topic, all since July 5. On top of thread clean ups and dealing with PM's and reports there are of course ongoing staff discussions and decisions regarding various aspects of maintaining this single topic and dealing with those whose posts in the topic violate the ToS.

After due consideration a decision has been reached. From the date of this post the topic "Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu" is a 'read only' pinned reference topic. Everyone is welcome to continue to start or join discussions in the Dzogchen forum but as of today's date and for the foreseeable future Dharma Wheel will not be hosting a dedicated "Dzogchen Community" topic.

Times and dates of Dzogchen Community webcasts and retreats can be posted in the Dharma Events forum.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dzogchen