Bothersome things about Vajrayana and Dzogchen

Enochian

Re: Bothersome things about Vajrayana and Dzogchen

Post by Enochian »

Last edited by Enochian on Mon May 16, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

If you think that, you're in hell already!
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

I'm going to put my Atigotra hat back on and say Enochian needs to judge his own serkumstansiz in figyer iht owt fer hehmcelf bikuz thehr iz noh wei too kno iff hi nohz iny theng oar knot. Fir awl wee gno hihee iza boodah n iz ckrooin wit ahs twoo dischrohee aur kahnscehpchewl cohnnscherahktz.
CAW!
Enochian

Post by Enochian »

Last edited by Enochian on Mon May 16, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tilopa

Re: Elements

Post by Tilopa »

Enochian wrote: I definitively realized my own nature ....
Another self realized self proclaimed enlightened master. Just what this world needs. How wonderful.
I was working with chakras for my OBE and astral projection practice...
And that's dharma is it?
Enochian

Post by Enochian »

Last edited by Enochian on Mon May 16, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Enochian wrote:I am NOT approaching Vajrayana. :crying:
Do you want to study Buddhist Vajrayana? Then find a teacher.
My point is that I was working with chakras and OBE WAY BEFORE I EVEN HEARD OF "COMPLETION STAGE"
Chakras are used in Hindu and other practices across the board. Very generally they aren't used in Buddhist Vajrayana or Mahayana.
My second point is that I realized the nature of the mind WAY BEFORE I EVEN HEARD OF VAJRAYANA OR DZOGCHEN
See, just because the terminology and even some outer forms are similar doesn't mean that the subjects have anything to do with one another. You have recognized the nature of mind and people still get on your nerves in an overt way? If so then your recognition of the "nature of mind" doesn't mean much.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Enochian wrote:
Tilopa wrote: Another self realized self proclaimed enlightened master. Just what this world needs. How wonderful.
No master here. I am not going to teach you anything. I would just refer you to buddhism.
That's what Tilopa said.
CAW!
Enochian

Post by Enochian »

Last edited by Enochian on Mon May 16, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

Enochian wrote: I don't. Did you even read this thread?
So why join a buddhist vajrayana forum in the first place?
You have nothing of value to say and no interest in learning from us.
Maybe it's time to move on...
Enochian

Post by Enochian »

Last edited by Enochian on Mon May 16, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

username

Post by username »

Many non-Dzogchenpas/Chagchenpas of various old or trendy ways have stated their fantasies of realizing and keeping alive rigpa and progressing on it's many stages. Also if I take some water from my kitchen faucet in a plastic bottle and empty it in the ocean then I can't say the ocean is a plastic container. A car is not it's destination. Finally saying one admires Shakyamuni's teachings but is not ready for vajrayana and Dzogchen samayas is refreshingly honest and highly admirable these days and shows one is already in abiding in one of the many lower states.
Last edited by username on Sun May 01, 2011 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Your mind is already in a commitment. You can't tell?
CAW!
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Temporarily locked

Unlocked.

POLITE REMINDER

Everyone who signed up to become a member of Dharma Wheel agreed to abide by the Terms of Service. http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I would like to draw everyones attention to #1 (again!)
1. All members are responsible for their own Right Speech

Members are expected to self-moderate, being mindful of the adage that 'behaviour breeds behaviour'. Mutual respect and friendliness should be the basis of all interactions.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Regards,
rt
Enochian

Post by Enochian »

kirtu wrote: Chakras are used in Hindu and other practices across the board. Very generally they aren't used in Buddhist Vajrayana or Mahayana.

Kirt

Have you heard of completion stage?

Madeliaette
Location: Currently in Sussex, England. Formerly in Wollongong, Australia.

Post by Madeliaette »

The surprising part is: My second point is that I realized the nature of the mind WAY BEFORE I EVEN HEARD OF VAJRAYANA OR DZOGCHEN.
This is harder to believe. I think it's possible, but rare. Even so one needs a teacher afterwards, being the case. However, most who claim this simply think they got it while in fact they haven't. Not saying it's your case.
I have also done much work on my mental functions prior to re-discovering Buddhism. I separated my mental functions into think mind, feel mind, sense mind and know mind. I have also 'found out' a lot of things 'before' - but I also realize that if it took me 40 years of this current life for me to have re-discovered Buddhism, even if things seem to fall into place very simply, there must be a reason for my having had to wait 40 years. This means that although I know that I have previously studied Dzogchen - I also know that at some point I must have made a serious mistake, or I would otherwise have been reborn into a Buddhist family and started out with a Buddhist background. I do not want to make that mistake again, whatever it was...

This makes me double-check EVERYTHING i 'think' I 'know'.
This makes me LISTEN to other Dzogchen practitioners' advice.
This makes me LISTEN to the only teacher I have yet studied with in a 2-way connection.
This makes me READ and LEARN all I have the opportunity to.
This makes me seek to know I know, rather than think I know...

So, I can see both sides of the story - the 'know beforehand' and the 'is what I know known correctly' sides....
Working with what I know, I still know I need to know more... I am not a Buddha, just someone who has previously started on the path finding their memories from a former life very helpful...
I do not know you enough to tell you what to do - but my suggestion is to question what you think you know until you know you know, and even then to seek guidance - from other practitioners, a teacher/teachers, studies...

One of the things I keep on coming up against is the fact that just because I have 'done this before' - I still need to 'do it again'.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Shiiiiittttt.... I need to do it every day and still...
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Enochian wrote:

I'm not claiming I realized Dzogchen, because that is only possible with transmission.

But if you NEED transmission to realize something, that means that it is conditioned. Along with samaya vows, that is what prevents me from becoming a Dzogchen practitioner.
With the label Dzogchen it certainly needs a transmission ... but who cares of a label. Then it's not that you NEED transmission, but without it how could it be realized ? It would be only an experience.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Enochian

Post by Enochian »

Last edited by Enochian on Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

Enochian wrote:Getting transmission, getting a guru, getting a lineage and getting samaya vows would only make me more conditioned.

It would take me AWAY from enlightenment.
Its kinda funny, 'cause even the direct-transmissions schools like Rinzai Zen require a Zen master to facilitate the process.

Buddhist vows, in general, DE-condition us from what we are truley experts at: creating more reasons to remain in samsara (ie: making more suffering, we're EXPERTS without peer at this one!). Pratimoksha, Bodhisattva and Samaya all point toward this dis-assembly of bad habits and preconditions.

Don't discard the idea entirely w/o making certain there is no lingering habit-energy that could eventually throw one into a lower realm(mind-state).
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?

Return to “Dzogchen”