Bodhichitta.

muni
Posts: 3609
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Bodhichitta.

Postby muni » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 am

Projecting onto others is projecting onto projections. The answer lies in us, not in the other.

Don’t investigate the root of things,
Investigate the root of Mind!
Once the mind’s root has been found,
You’ll know one thing, yet all is thereby freed.
But if the root of Mind you fail to find,
You will know everything but nothing
understand. Guru Rinpoche.

Heruka
Posts: 1069
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:34 am
Contact:

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby Heruka » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:40 am

ah, khenpo brothers in upstate NY.

:twothumbsup:

Heruka
Posts: 1069
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:34 am
Contact:

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby Heruka » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:43 am

since this is in dzokchen forum, perhaps some explanation on the difference between meaning of bodhicitta in sutra way, and in dzokchen way?

muni
Posts: 3609
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby muni » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Sutra Bodhichitta: compassion-love-paramitas for all, the wish to attain enlightenment for all.
Dzogchen Bodhichitta: primordially purity, spontaneous perfect. (byangchub kyi sem)

_/\_
Projecting onto others is projecting onto projections. The answer lies in us, not in the other.

Don’t investigate the root of things,
Investigate the root of Mind!
Once the mind’s root has been found,
You’ll know one thing, yet all is thereby freed.
But if the root of Mind you fail to find,
You will know everything but nothing
understand. Guru Rinpoche.

User avatar
swampflower
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Bellefonte, PA

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby swampflower » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 am

muni wrote:Sutra Bodhichitta: compassion-love-paramitas for all, the wish to attain enlightenment for all.
Dzogchen Bodhichitta: primordially purity, spontaneous perfect. (byangchub kyi sem)

_/\_


These are two, primordial purity and spontaneous presence.
Is it not the spontaneous presence of the rupakaya that leads to Boddhicitta?
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

muni
Posts: 3609
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby muni » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:22 am

Two in inseparable unity of buddhahood. Or union of wisdom (emptiness) and spontaneous present skilful means by compassion.

Rupakaya seen from sutra; by ( take about tree kalpas is me said) practices like perfection morality, generosity, meditation, patience..
Rupakaya Dzogchen by rainbow body of light. That can manifest as Nirmanakaya to help.

Dharmakaya and Rupakaya are not separated in Bodhi, not separate in so called Absolute Bodhichitta.

_/\_
Projecting onto others is projecting onto projections. The answer lies in us, not in the other.

Don’t investigate the root of things,
Investigate the root of Mind!
Once the mind’s root has been found,
You’ll know one thing, yet all is thereby freed.
But if the root of Mind you fail to find,
You will know everything but nothing
understand. Guru Rinpoche.

Pema Rigdzin
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:46 am

swampflower wrote:
muni wrote:Sutra Bodhichitta: compassion-love-paramitas for all, the wish to attain enlightenment for all.
Dzogchen Bodhichitta: primordially purity, spontaneous perfect. (byangchub kyi sem)

_/\_


These are two, primordial purity and spontaneous presence.
Is it not the spontaneous presence of the rupakaya that leads to Boddhicitta?


In Dzogchen, bodhicitta is synonymous with rigpa. Within rigpa, all kayas are perfected primordially. And primordial purity and spontaneous presence only seem like two because they are two terms to explain different aspects of rigpa. But they are inseparable.

muni
Posts: 3609
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby muni » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 am

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
swampflower wrote:
muni wrote:Sutra Bodhichitta: compassion-love-paramitas for all, the wish to attain enlightenment for all.
Dzogchen Bodhichitta: primordially purity, spontaneous perfect. (byangchub kyi sem)

_/\_


These are two, primordial purity and spontaneous presence.
Is it not the spontaneous presence of the rupakaya that leads to Boddhicitta?


In Dzogchen, bodhicitta is synonymous with rigpa. Within rigpa, all kayas are perfected primordially. And primordial purity and spontaneous presence only seem like two because they are two terms to explain different aspects of rigpa. But they are inseparable.


:anjali:
Projecting onto others is projecting onto projections. The answer lies in us, not in the other.

Don’t investigate the root of things,
Investigate the root of Mind!
Once the mind’s root has been found,
You’ll know one thing, yet all is thereby freed.
But if the root of Mind you fail to find,
You will know everything but nothing
understand. Guru Rinpoche.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 1921
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby Luke » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Speaking of bodhichitta and Dzogchen, has anyone read the book "The Union of Dzogchen and Bodhichitta" by Anyen Rinpoche? It looks awesome...

http://www.amazon.com/Union-Dzogchen-Bo ... 40_russss2

Image

muni
Posts: 3609
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Bodhichitta.

Postby muni » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Luke wrote:Speaking of bodhichitta and Dzogchen, has anyone read the book "The Union of Dzogchen and Bodhichitta" by Anyen Rinpoche? It looks awesome...

http://www.amazon.com/Union-Dzogchen-Bo ... 40_russss2

Image


I read few sentences like about Patrul Rinpoche, always so humble pure in actions... It looks very nice, Luke.
Projecting onto others is projecting onto projections. The answer lies in us, not in the other.

Don’t investigate the root of things,
Investigate the root of Mind!
Once the mind’s root has been found,
You’ll know one thing, yet all is thereby freed.
But if the root of Mind you fail to find,
You will know everything but nothing
understand. Guru Rinpoche.


Return to “Dzogchen”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests