Dzogchen, varjayana and being a monk/ nun

Karma_Yeshe

Re: Dzogchen, varjayana and being a monk/ nun

Post by Karma_Yeshe »

Malcolm wrote:
Sherab Dorje wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Oh, there is power in being a monastic in Asia, if you think otherwise, well...as I said, follow the money...also the idea that monastics living in monasteries are not interested in girls...well if you think that is true, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn...real cheap...
Well, there is nothing wrong with being interested in girls, it is what you do with girls that has bearing on whether the title "monastic" fits or not.
From personal knowledge, I can tell you that so called Tibetan monastics do a lot with girls, especially the teenage ones...
Also, men can not only have sex with girls :spy:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Virgo wrote:Mine does not land me much power or chicks or money (I'm lying it lands me some of each) but it does land me a lot of time to pursue teachings wherever and whenever I want them, and to practice them. :)

Kevin
Best of both worlds! :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Malcolm wrote: Also, in Nyingma, status of Ngagpas and Monks are the same.
Well yeah in theory. In actual cultural practice, monks are offered higher status (by lay community and of course by monastic sangha), with the exception of ngagpa being a guru.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Untill now we have seen here, monasteries and their money shuffle career as well the famous sexual abusing of girls and men was discussed.

Herewith i can agree because that is happening here and there due to imperfections or illusions.
'But that does not mean that we can take this as a standard regarding Tibetan Monasteries and their monks.
So it does not prove the general status and this cannot be taken as an example how monasteries are functioning.

We have to be very careful not to smut the Tibetan monasteries with their monks, because only a few examples have been shown up here, by some convinced Ngakpas.

Now lets take the non monks sangha or Ngakpa Dharma centres worldwide, ruled by non monks.

Here we sure can also speak about the same career, based on money shuffle which is needed to pay the so called costs without making profit, it are the so called non profit foundations.

One can see here some leaders living a very comfortable live due to the immense high contributions of their members worldwide.
Well i like to rule also such so called Dharma Centres as a treasurer or secretary etc. and live on the costs / back, and contributions of "my" members.

That too one can easy call Dharma career and also here is sex with men and women the case.
But also here it is not a general case, it does /can happen "some times".

One famous example would be Bhagavan Shri Raneesh, do we have such persons also dwelling comfortable in Tibetan Buddhism including Bön ?
I mean it should not not be so extreme seen like Bhagavan did show us some times ago.

Well do your best to find it out, maybe you can find such an example about non monk Dharma Centres with leaders who bulk in many of $ /€,
and have always due to this a big smile on photos, due to their positive "earned " karma.

KY.
The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Dzogchen”