Four Noble Truths Dzogchen.

Postby muni » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:24 am

:smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvP_YzuEuwg

English explanation follows on Tibetan.
muni

Drat this needs to be moved

Postby catmoon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:33 pm

What an interesting fellow.

For some reason I initially distrusted him. I guess the body language and pacing were not what I was used to. But I listened on a bit and he certainly seems to know what he's talking about. That got me looking at a few other snippets on youtube, and he said something quite remarkable.

He said there were two kinds of peace. There is the kind of peace where we are relaxed and enjoying the peace and thinking how nice it is. Then there is the peace that occurs when the mind is not active, when the inner spaces are quiet.

I never noticed that I've spent my whole life thinking peace was a single thing. Maybe even an inherently existent thing. These two quite different things have (in my mind) happily resided in the same box all these years, and all I saw was the box, with the "peace" label on it.

It makes one wonder ... how many more of our concepts are like that?
Last edited by catmoon on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Re: Drat this needs to be moved

Postby muni » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:34 pm

In a dream I was very *peaceful* with a big piece of chocolat in my mouth while enjoying a wonderful, beautiful scenery being surrounded by love. But then a lion comes near to me while my stomach was so painfully protesting and no loving protection was there to see. That stupid beautiful scenery one could steal of me! If I only could...run harder.

"Peace" can be when I wake up in awareness to be beyond that kind of chocolat-peace and beyond the disturbed, upset state.

love, joy, compassion, happiness,...(unconditioned)
Last edited by muni on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
muni

Re: Drat this needs to be moved

Postby Mr. G » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:40 pm

catmoon wrote:This post was intended to appear in the "Four Noble Truths: Dzogchen" thread. I started this thread by mistake.

I've merged the posts.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Return to Dzogchen