Tun Tundrin Tungyas dvd damaged

glan

Tun Tundrin Tungyas dvd damaged

Post by glan »

Good Evening
Can someone help me out my DVD for the explanation of the 3 TUNS got damaged and will not now play in full. I have managed to recover VTS_01_1 and 02_2 and 01_05 .vob
I need 01_3 and 01_4.vob
If some can help me with these two files I would be very grateful. I have an FTP server where they can be loaded up to not sure if I can be contacted privately as this is a restricted DVd and I dont want to cause any problems.
Many thanks. :emb:
padma norbu

Re: Tun Tundrin Tungyas dvd damaged

Post by padma norbu »

hey, happened to me, too... some of the older dvds just seem to self-destruct on the shelf. You could write to them and see if they are willing to help you replace it or something, but if there's a big scratch on it, then that's really not their fault at all.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
glan

Post by glan »

Thanks for the reply. It was my own fault. I put in a bag and it came of the case and got scratched. I have sent two emails to Merigar and no reply. Is that normal they don't respond.
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

glan wrote:Thanks for the reply. It was my own fault. I put in a bag and it came of the case and got scratched. I have sent two emails to Merigar and no reply. Is that normal they don't respond.
If you cannot get any more copy of it you could try to recover your dvd by using a rescue software like gddrescue (GNU dd rescue)
http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/

If you use linux, it is part of various distros like Debian, Ubuntu and others
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

glan wrote:Thanks for the reply. It was my own fault. I put in a bag and it came of the case and got scratched. I have sent two emails to Merigar and no reply. Is that normal they don't respond.
Somewhat normal, yes.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
glan

Post by glan »

I spent the day working on the dvd and I am happy to say I managed to recover all the .Vob files. If anyone hasthe same issue they can try this method. I got T-Cut fluid which is used on cars to bring up the shine as new. I had to apply it a number of times and rubbing from the center of the cd out towards the rim and after about 5 times doing this I had all my files. :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

Return to “Dzogchen”