RuShi ?

heart

Re: RuShi ?

Post by heart »

MalaBeads wrote:Well, CHNN would never force Jim Valby (or anyone for that matter) to do anything so it is a moot point. And if Jim would allow himself to be forced, well, then I have to question his qualifications. Seriously.

It is, however, interesting that you characterize "lineage" as a situation of force, ie "keeping the lineage in vajrayana means to first have the realization and then by your teacher being forced to expound the teachings through empowerment's, commentaries and instructions ."
Like I say, that is a strategy, we will see how it works out in the future. I hope it works.

What I say might sound strange but only if you think it is such fantastic thing to be a Dzogchen master. But, is it really such a fantastic thing? Very qualified disciples might prefer to attain a rainbow body rather than listen to students and others endless doubts and problems. Being the boss of numerous monasteries that always lack funds don't bring much joy I think. If you read Blazing Splendor you will notice that the Karmapa several times gave Tulku Urgyen orders, a vajra command, to build a monastery i Boudha for example.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
What I say might sound strange but only if you think it is such fantastic thing to be a Dzogchen master. But, is it really such a fantastic thing? Very qualified disciples might prefer to attain a rainbow body rather than listen to students and others endless doubts and problems.
Recently, ChNN said that being over focused on attaining rainbow body was a bit egoistic.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote:
heart wrote:
What I say might sound strange but only if you think it is such fantastic thing to be a Dzogchen master. But, is it really such a fantastic thing? Very qualified disciples might prefer to attain a rainbow body rather than listen to students and others endless doubts and problems.
Recently, ChNN said that being over focused on attaining rainbow body was a bit egoistic.
:smile: yes, I heard that also.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Well, I am pretty confident that I will never be a dzogchen teacher or achieve rainbow body so its not something i am going to fret about.

As I heard DJKR once say, "Idiots!"

lol

Ciao and cheers.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
heart

Post by heart »

MalaBeads wrote:Well, I am pretty confident that I will never be a dzogchen teacher or achieve rainbow body so its not something i am going to fret about.

As I heard DJKR once say, "Idiots!"

lol

Ciao and cheers.
Just so you know, I have no such intention either. I just tell you what I have seen happen to some people I know.

No idea what DJKR said "idiots" about, care to enlighten me?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Dzogchen”