9 cleansing breaths

Snovid

9 cleansing breaths

Post by Snovid »

I have a book Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche in which he describes how to perform
but I heard the rumored in the Dzogchen the same practice looks different.

Could any of you give me a description?
Without it, I can start doing guru yoga.
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
Nilasarasvati
Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Re: 9 cleansing breaths

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Do you have a teacher who can show you? Without one, you probably shouldn't be doing guru yoga :thinking:

If you do have one but are just too far or something, you might need to look up a video. Like mudras, it's almost impossible to accurately instruct somebody how to do this in text.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Hello Snowid. :smile:

There are many different versions of the 9 cleansing or purification breathings.
Always depending on the transmission, we have to follow the exact instructions we received from our teacher.
It is not good and safe to search instructions on the web for those things.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Nilasarasvati wrote: Without one, you probably shouldn't be doing guru yoga :thinking:
Regarding that point, you can always do GY ... with your living master or any master you have a relation with. It's always ok!

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Hi Snowid,
You can write to Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and tell him you want to do this and ask for permission/blessings. He teaches Dzogchen from the Bon tradition. Ligmincha.org is his website and you can send an email to him through their contact email address. Just put his name in the subject line.
How he teaches 9 Breathings is different from that of the Dzogchen Community. But it is still Dzogchen, just Bonpo Dzogchen. :smile:
heart

Post by heart »

There is not one particular Dzogchen style of nine breathings, there are many many different. I am sure the same is true in Bon.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

heart wrote:I am sure the same is true in Bon.
True indeed. The one given by TW is a simplified version based on the Ma-rgyud practice. There are other styles of this practice, including that of the Phyag-khrid, that of the Kun-bzang 'khor-ba kun-'dren, etc. Some are simple to the extent of being very very unelaborated (with only a very slight movemen of the hand and fingers closing the nostrils) and others involve yogic movements, similar to that one finds in the six yogas.

Return to “Dzogchen”