Sitatapatra Sutra and protective energy

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Sitatapatra Sutra and protective energy

Postby jay » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Does anyone know where i can find this sutra? In the ChNN dzogchen calendar it says to increase the protective energy do sitatapatra and amitayus sutra. I have the lung for amitayus- Is the sutra the same as the mantra that is in the Chnn book for collective practices? Do I need the lung for sitatapatra sutra for it to worK?

J
jay

Re: Sitatapatra Sutra and protective energy

Postby pemachophel » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Jay,

In general, one does not need the lung for sutras to work. However, if one has the lung, they work better.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
pemachophel

Postby spot dawa » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 pm

spot dawa

Postby Will » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:03 pm

jay wrote:Does anyone know where i can find this sutra? In the ChNN dzogchen calendar it says to increase the protective energy do sitatapatra and amitayus sutra. I have the lung for amitayus- Is the sutra the same as the mantra that is in the Chnn book for collective practices? Do I need the lung for sitatapatra sutra for it to worK?

J

Shakyamuni Buddha emanated her from his crown protrusion (ushnisha); therefore her special activity is pacifying black spells. Her sutra and mantra emanate from the Buddha's ushnisha, rather than through His speech, and accordingly her name is White Ushnisha.

The only mantra I know of that was emanated from Buddha's ushnisha is found in the Shurangama Sutra. It is online in several places; usually with the commentary by Master Hua.

Here is one source of the eight volume English translation, with supporting material in Chinese and English:

http://online.sfsu.edu/rone/Buddhism/Sh ... angama.htm
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Return to Dzogchen