GURU DRAGPUR

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

GURU DRAGPUR

Postby Mikeliegler » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Can someone tell me about Guru Dragpur? :reading: :shrug:
User avatar
Mikeliegler
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 am

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby heart » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Mikeliegler wrote:Can someone tell me about Guru Dragpur? :reading: :shrug:


http://www.himalayanart.org/search/set.cfm?setID=492

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby kirtu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:42 am

Mikeliegler wrote:Can someone tell me about Guru Dragpur? :reading: :shrug:


Guru Dragpur is a form of Vajrakilaya that Padmasambhava manifested in to subdue demons in a region. This is found in one of his biographies "Lotus Born—The Life Story of Padmasambhava".

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

“All beings are Buddhas, but obscured by incidental stains. When those have been removed, there is Buddhahood.”
Hevajra Tantra
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby Mikeliegler » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:52 am

Thank you Heart and Kirtu. I had asked about receiving Direct Transmission of Dzogchen and someone suggested I attend a cyber web Retreat from Lima, Peru on "Teaching from Dra Thalgyur Tantra" on April 19-21 (times TBA, most likely Friday evening and 10am-12 the next days, Peru time). And I saw GURU DRAGPUR listed as one of the related files for retreats and wondered if that was something I should know more about before I received the Dzogchen transition.
User avatar
Mikeliegler
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 am

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby heart » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 am

Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you Heart and Kirtu. I had asked about receiving Direct Transmission of Dzogchen and someone suggested I attend a cyber web Retreat from Lima, Peru on "Teaching from Dra Thalgyur Tantra" on April 19-21 (times TBA, most likely Friday evening and 10am-12 the next days, Peru time). And I saw GURU DRAGPUR listed as one of the related files for retreats and wondered if that was something I should know more about before I received the Dzogchen transition.


Those files are not particularly related with this webcast, they are from other webcasts. However, ChNNR do give reading transmission for some of these practices, like Guru Dragpur, every retreat. This means that you can start practicing it if you want. But Guru Drapur and other deities belong more to the anuyoga teachings which ChNNR also transmits. Dzogchen itself is more related with direct instructions how to recognize the nature of mind and how to make that experience continuous.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby Lhasa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:41 pm

If you look above the video player on the webcast page, you'll see a link for files. If you click that and scroll down you'll find two links for the Song of Vajra, which is what we sang today after the Guru Yoga A. We sang the slow version today.
Lhasa
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby Mikeliegler » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Thank you all I'm a newbie. I have not learned how to do the webcast yet, But I am learning more and more with your help. I need to learn how to convert the time zones and find what I all need to get ready for the webcast retreat. :heart:
User avatar
Mikeliegler
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 am

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby CrawfordHollow » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:17 pm

If I'm not mistaken, you should actually be in the same timezone as Lima, so that makes it easy. All you need for the retreat is a sincere interest. I would highly recommend tuning in for tomorrow's webcast if you can.
CrawfordHollow
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby Dronma » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 am

Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you all I'm a newbie. I have not learned how to do the webcast yet, But I am learning more and more with your help. I need to learn how to convert the time zones and find what I all need to get ready for the webcast retreat. :heart:


Time Zone Converter here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
If you need some more help, just say it. :smile:
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby Mikeliegler » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:02 am

Dronma wrote:
Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you all I'm a newbie. I have not learned how to do the webcast yet, But I am learning more and more with your help. I need to learn how to convert the time zones and find what I all need to get ready for the webcast retreat. :heart:


Time Zone Converter here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
If you need some more help, just say it. :smile:


Well now that you mention it. Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:
User avatar
Mikeliegler
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 am

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby heart » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 am

Mikeliegler wrote:
Dronma wrote:
Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you all I'm a newbie. I have not learned how to do the webcast yet, But I am learning more and more with your help. I need to learn how to convert the time zones and find what I all need to get ready for the webcast retreat. :heart:


Time Zone Converter here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
If you need some more help, just say it. :smile:


Well now that you mention it. Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:


Different teacher will say different things, but ChNNR says no. Just tune in and listen. Today is the last day.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby michaelb » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Mikeliegler wrote: Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:

Best to ask your lama before you start any practice or choose to take teachings from any other lineage, imho.
michaelb
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Postby Dronma » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Mikeliegler wrote:Well now that you mention it. Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:


This depends on the teacher and the lineage.
If you have decided to follow ChNN Rinpoche's teachings, then you'll get all the answers slowly-slowly through webcasts.
One step at the time.... :smile:
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR


Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests

>