Vajrasattva and medicine buddha practice

jay

Vajrasattva and medicine buddha practice

Post by jay »

Hi everyone, i recently joined the CNN community and have received the lung for medicine buddha- cant remember if he did namcho as well. I can't find any information on shangshung related to the pratice. Does anyone know where i might find info.

Also i would like to do vajrasattva practice- but have only received the lung via the ganapuja transmissions. Is that still enough to do the pratice? I saw there was an information booklet on shangshung, but am not sure if i should buy it yet as i have not received any of the extra lungs for vajrasattva.

Does rimpoche ever give the transmission for narag tongtrug?
Lhug-Pa

Re: Vajrasattva and medicine buddha practice

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Hi Jay,
jay wrote:Hi everyone, i recently joined the CNN community and have received the lung for medicine buddha- cant remember if he did namcho as well. I can't find any information on shangshung related to the pratice. Does anyone know where i might find info.
I'm not aware of any books published by Shang Shung on Medicine Buddha specifically (there are a number of books available by Shang Shung on Tibetan Medicine though).

You might be interested in the following books:

http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Sadhana_of_ ... /18052.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Medicine_Bu ... /12745.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since the above two books are not restricted, then perhaps you can apply the practices found therein by having received the Lung for the Mantra....

jay wrote:Also i would like to do vajrasattva practice- but have only received the lung via the ganapuja transmissions. Is that still enough to do the pratice? I saw there was an information booklet on shangshung, but am not sure if i should buy it yet as i have not received any of the extra lungs for vajrasattva.

Does rimpoche ever give the transmission for narag tongtrug?
Rinpoche gives the Lung for it every once in while (I'm guessing that he did somehwere between two or five times within the past year, although some of those times could have been Korwa Tongtrug and I'm getting them mixed up; but he has given the Lung for Narag Tongtrug before). I'm not sure if he ever gives the Don-Wang for Narag Tongtrug though.

In fact, I believe it is in the Narag Tongtrug book where Rinpoche wrote that if we have received Transmission, then we don't need any separate transmission for Vajrasattva practice. He has said the same about Rushen and Semdzin too, so you can get the Shang Shung published books on Ngondro, Rushen, Longsal preliminaries, etc. and apply them (although maybe for the Longsal preliminaries you at least need the Lung; I'm not sure).
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

ChNN teaches that you can do the elemental purification practices on their own even though he usually gives them as part of the tuns and ganapujas. In the same way, it is likely that you can practise Vajrasattva on its own. However, it's best to check with ChNN himself or an SMS teacher on this.
jay

Post by jay »

Do you know of an email address for ChNN?

Return to “Dzogchen”