Vajrakilaya and Guru Tragphur

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Vajrakilaya and Guru Tragphur

Postby spirited » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:09 pm

Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.
spirited

Re: Vajrakilaya and Guru Tragphur

Postby Dronma » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:26 pm

spirited wrote:Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.

As far as I know, for every mantra we need a new transmission.
The practice of Guru Tragphur has its own mantra in which all the mentioned activities are unified.
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
Dronma

Postby spirited » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Thankyou
spirited

Postby futerko » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:38 am

I'm not 100% on this, but I suspect that if you have already received the the guru tragphur transmission then you will only need the extra lung for the vajrakilaya practice.
we cannot get rid of God because we still believe in grammar - Nietzsche
futerko

Postby jivko » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Guys, is the Guru Tragphur practice the same as the one in the Tun book?

And if you have transmission of the Tun, do you also have transmission of GuruTragphur practice?
jivko

Postby heart » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:51 pm

jivko wrote:Guys, is the Guru Tragphur practice the same as the one in the Tun book?

And if you have transmission of the Tun, do you also have transmission of GuruTragphur practice?

Yes.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Reibeam » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Although this is an old post..........

Does anyone know when the next Guru Tragphur transmission might be? Either via webcast or in the United States?

Thanks
Reibeam

Postby Norwegian » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:39 pm

There's no solo Guru Dragphur retreat scheduled for 2014, but Rinpoche gives transmission of this practice in every retreat. Next retreat that will take place via open webcast is dated April 24-30, 2014. So perhaps you should consider participating in that one. Next USA retreat will be in New York, July 4-6, 2014.
Norwegian

Postby Reibeam » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:20 am

Thanks a lot Norwegian! :smile:
Reibeam

Postby Reibeam » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:05 am

One other question Norwegian. Although is says open webcast does that mean I will able to participate in the online retreat without having a current membership? I have done the WWT sessions multiple times and a membership is not required so I just want to make sure in case I would have to pay beforehand.

Thanks
Reibeam

Postby Norwegian » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:13 am

Yes, no membership required for that.
Norwegian

Postby Reibeam » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Dronma wrote:
spirited wrote:Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.

As far as I know, for every mantra we need a new transmission.
The practice of Guru Tragphur has its own mantra in which all the mentioned activities are unified.

This makes me wonder then......if one has separate transmissions for most of the deites that are unified in Guru Tragphur and enough accumulation of the any of those deities mantras to use the action mantra would it be okay to use the action mantra of Vajrakilaya for instance while manifested as Guru Tragphur?

Or does that makes no sense to do because all activies are already unfied in Guru Tragphur and actuated through the mantra that is typically used with that deity?
Reibeam

Postby Pero » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Reibeam wrote:This makes me wonder then......if one has separate transmissions for most of the deites that are unified in Guru Tragphur and enough accumulation of the any of those deities mantras to use the action mantra would it be okay to use the action mantra of Vajrakilaya for instance while manifested as Guru Tragphur?

Or does that makes no sense to do because all activies are already unfied in Guru Tragphur and actuated through the mantra that is typically used with that deity?

Well it makes little sense to me because if you have Vajrakilaya transmission, have done this practice sufficiently and then also want to do Vajrakilaya action mantra then why don't you just do it with Vajrakilaya (as you're supposed to)? :shrug:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Return to Dzogchen