Kalachakra in Dzogchen Community

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Kalachakra in Dzogchen Community

Postby reddust » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:42 pm

We should include him in our practices. Pray his journey is short and sweet :namaste:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
reddust

Postby padma norbu » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Pero wrote:I say seems because it could be just that the person writting this isn't aware what "ended his life" implies in English.

Based on everything, I am going to believe they aren't quite aware of the implications of that phrase and just mean his life ended. I hope. thanks for the explanation.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Postby rowboat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:14 pm

padma norbu wrote:
Pero wrote:I say seems because it could be just that the person writting this isn't aware what "ended his life" implies in English.

Based on everything, I am going to believe they aren't quite aware of the implications of that phrase and just mean his life ended. I hope. thanks for the explanation.

I was very saddened to learn of Michael's death. I don't know how he lost his life, but it seems Padma Norbu is correct.

From the ancient Annals of Ulster, recording the death of the Norse Viking Ivar the Boneless:

Ímar, king of the Norsemen of all Ireland and Britain, ended his life.

And in the Fragmentary Annals of Ireland Ivar's death is recorded:

The king of Lochlainn, i.e. Gothfraid, died of a sudden hideous disease. Thus it pleased God.

So here we have evidence that the phrase "ended his life" is simply a common Nordic idiom for one who has died.

:candle:
rowboat

Postby rowboat » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:02 am

Bump
rowboat

Postby Vajraprajnakhadga » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:42 am

padma norbu wrote:I'm going to guess that the Dzogchen version of Kalachakra isn't anywhere near as demanding (lengthy, regular) a practice as the one the Dalai Lama gives.

Is any Nyingma practice as ornate as its corresponding Gelugpa version?
Vajraprajnakhadga

Previous

Return to Dzogchen