Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm
Posts: 2
Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Posts: 715
Location: Athens - GR
spirited wrote:
Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.



As far as I know, for every mantra we need a new transmission.
The practice of Guru Tragphur has its own mantra in which all the mentioned activities are unified.

_________________
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm
Posts: 2
Thankyou


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 am
Posts: 993
I'm not 100% on this, but I suspect that if you have already received the the guru tragphur transmission then you will only need the extra lung for the vajrakilaya practice.

_________________
we cannot get rid of God because we still believe in grammar - Nietzsche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 4
Guys, is the Guru Tragphur practice the same as the one in the Tun book?

And if you have transmission of the Tun, do you also have transmission of GuruTragphur practice?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:51 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
jivko wrote:
Guys, is the Guru Tragphur practice the same as the one in the Tun book?

And if you have transmission of the Tun, do you also have transmission of GuruTragphur practice?


Yes.

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am
Posts: 73
Location: Missourikaya
Although this is an old post..........

Does anyone know when the next Guru Tragphur transmission might be? Either via webcast or in the United States?

Thanks

_________________
http://www.reillyandkelly.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 343
There's no solo Guru Dragphur retreat scheduled for 2014, but Rinpoche gives transmission of this practice in every retreat. Next retreat that will take place via open webcast is dated April 24-30, 2014. So perhaps you should consider participating in that one. Next USA retreat will be in New York, July 4-6, 2014.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am
Posts: 73
Location: Missourikaya
Thanks a lot Norwegian! :smile:

_________________
http://www.reillyandkelly.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am
Posts: 73
Location: Missourikaya
One other question Norwegian. Although is says open webcast does that mean I will able to participate in the online retreat without having a current membership? I have done the WWT sessions multiple times and a membership is not required so I just want to make sure in case I would have to pay beforehand.

Thanks

_________________
http://www.reillyandkelly.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 343
Yes, no membership required for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am
Posts: 73
Location: Missourikaya
Dronma wrote:
spirited wrote:
Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.



As far as I know, for every mantra we need a new transmission.
The practice of Guru Tragphur has its own mantra in which all the mentioned activities are unified.


This makes me wonder then......if one has separate transmissions for most of the deites that are unified in Guru Tragphur and enough accumulation of the any of those deities mantras to use the action mantra would it be okay to use the action mantra of Vajrakilaya for instance while manifested as Guru Tragphur?

Or does that makes no sense to do because all activies are already unfied in Guru Tragphur and actuated through the mantra that is typically used with that deity?

_________________
http://www.reillyandkelly.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
Reibeam wrote:
This makes me wonder then......if one has separate transmissions for most of the deites that are unified in Guru Tragphur and enough accumulation of the any of those deities mantras to use the action mantra would it be okay to use the action mantra of Vajrakilaya for instance while manifested as Guru Tragphur?

Or does that makes no sense to do because all activies are already unfied in Guru Tragphur and actuated through the mantra that is typically used with that deity?

Well it makes little sense to me because if you have Vajrakilaya transmission, have done this practice sufficiently and then also want to do Vajrakilaya action mantra then why don't you just do it with Vajrakilaya (as you're supposed to)? :shrug:

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group