Shambhala Mountain, forest fire getting close

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Shambhala Mountain, forest fire getting close

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:31 am

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Shambhala Mountain, forest fire getting close

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:36 am

Some encouraging news here; it appears the fire is still quite far away.

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Indrajala » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 am

May the fire not harm the site. :anjali:
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby asunthatneversets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 am

Hopefully the fire won't reach there. There was a building fire in Berkeley a few months ago where a building (which was attached to a series of other buildings, like any city block) caught fire and the flames consumed the entire building and a restaurant which was a part of the next building. The next store over from the restaurant however is called "Treasures Of Tara" and the owner is a big time practitioner. The fire didn't touch his store. It's incredible, you see an entire charred and gutted building and a boarded up restaurant and then "Treasures Of Tara" just unscathed. No coincidence in my opinion.

My friend also knows someone who kept a photo of Guru Rinpoche's "looks like me" statue in their car's glove compartment. They got in a cataclysmic accident and the entire car was crushed like a tin can right up to the glove compartment, like a straight line. Both the driver and passenger walked away and the police/paramedics couldn't explain it. They said the entire front section of the car should've been crushed.

Hopefully the same goes for shambhala mountain and everyone else who could be potentially effected.
asunthatneversets

Return to News & Current Events