THE WAR "THEY" DONT WANT YOU TO SEE.

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

THE WAR "THEY" DONT WANT YOU TO SEE.

Postby Heruka » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:12 am

Heruka

Re: THE WAR "THEY" DONT WANT YOU TO SEE.

Postby Mr. G » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Saw this the other day. I enjoyed it...not exactly eye-opening since I've already known about this, but a good reminder to the media bias that goes on.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Re: THE WAR "THEY" DONT WANT YOU TO SEE.

Postby Blue Garuda » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Most people I know think Blair (or B Liar as he is nicknamed) and Bush should both stand trial for war crimes. Additionally, Bliar should be investigated for involvement in the death of Dr David Kelly (who 'coincidentally' died as a result of 'suicide' shortly after revealing the weapons of mass destruction justification for war was a bare faced lie).

You don't need to believe in conspiracy theories when you have politicians like these.
I note another coincidence is the allegation of rape against the Wikileaks founder, who revealed that the US military thought the UK troops were pretty crap - perhaps that's why they kept shooting them in 'friendly fire' blunders?

I spent many years in PR for a variety of clients - lies were rare, but often I was given a very selective set of facts to write up for public consumption. I soon lost interest in such work.

Maybe the study we undertake in undertsanding 'reality' as a Buddhist concept is helpful in making us more sceptical of what is presented to us by the media.

''Cast a cold eye
On life, on death.
Horseman, pass by!''
Left
Blue Garuda

Return to News & Current Events