Wikileaks..Julian Asange.....

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Re: Wikileaks..Julian Asange.....

Postby justsit » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Assange is the lightning rod for Big Brother's displeasure at having been caught with his pants down. He is of interest to governments and corporations only in so far as he is the public face of a new and, to them, irritating and very annoying problem - that the they cannot control the internet, that one little PFC with a CD can expose their myriad dirty secrets in a few seconds. And that those same nasty little tidbits are then able to be read worldwide in a matter of hours. The powers that be have always waged their disinformation campaigns, that is not new. What is new is how quickly and how widely they can be exposed and refuted. Scientia potentia est.
justsit

Postby Blue Garuda » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:37 pm

justsit wrote:Assange is the lightning rod for Big Brother's displeasure at having been caught with his pants down. He is of interest to governments and corporations only in so far as he is the public face of a new and, to them, irritating and very annoying problem - that the they cannot control the internet, that one little PFC with a CD can expose their myriad dirty secrets in a few seconds. And that those same nasty little tidbits are then able to be read worldwide in a matter of hours. The powers that be have always waged their disinformation campaigns, that is not new. What is new is how quickly and how widely they can be exposed and refuted. Scientia potentia est.

I have an awful feeling of deja vu.

Remember the fate of the British whistleblower Dr. David Kelly who exposed Tony Blair and the 'dodgy dossier' used to justify invading Iraq, and his very dubious 'suicide' once the media forgot about him.

Once the light of publicity shifts away from Asange, what are the odds on 'rendition' or even 'termination with extreme prejudice' I wonder?
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby Indrajala » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:29 am

From Wikileaks Twitter:

http://twitter.com/wikileaks

Does your business do business with Bank of America? Our advise is to place your funds somewhere safer.

Some time ago Assange remarked that Wikileaks had a huge leak concerning a major US bank. He said it was going to be released early next year.

I somehow think releasing it before Christmas would provide an added effect.
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby Mr. G » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:25 pm

How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Heruka » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:28 am

ronnewmexico wrote:Soros....they'd kill him if they could with his history. One false misstep...but he never

ron, be interesting to see if wikileaks drives certain corporate stocks down and people like soros buy for cheap. im sure trading on the inside track happens. :smile:
Heruka

Postby Indrajala » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:26 am

Heruka wrote:
ronnewmexico wrote:Soros....they'd kill him if they could with his history. One false misstep...but he never

ron, be interesting to see if wikileaks drives certain corporate stocks down and people like soros buy for cheap. im sure trading on the inside track happens. :smile:

The whole world economic system is insanity.

Look at all the debt problems. Whole countries are going bankrupt. Nations become slaves to financing. Individuals are likewise taking on debt.

Back home in Canada I hear the average family income is around 50K and the average family spending per year is over 70K.

People surrender their freedom to credit card companies and the banks. They set themselves up for a lifestyle of no work = no income = financial suicide and ruin. It is slavery. They might not whip them anymore, but retribution in the form of collections and foreclosures does the trick just as well.

Meanwhile the money makers of the world enjoy lavish luxury and continued steady gains.

I don't want anything to do with any of that.
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby Heruka » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:03 am

Huseng wrote:
Heruka wrote:

The whole world economic system is insanity.

Look at all the debt problems. Whole countries are going bankrupt. Nations become slaves to financing. Individuals are likewise taking on debt.

Back home in Canada I hear the average family income is around 50K and the average family spending per year is over 70K.

People surrender their freedom to credit card companies and the banks. They set themselves up for a lifestyle of no work = no income = financial suicide and ruin. It is slavery. They might not whip them anymore, but retribution in the form of collections and foreclosures does the trick just as well.

Meanwhile the money makers of the world enjoy lavish luxury and continued steady gains.

I don't want anything to do with any of that.

yes, the collapse was engineered, so that the mega offshore bank cartels could consolidate your wealth [which you never owned] to themselves. people really need to know the little known law of admiralty of the law of the sea and land and commerce, to know the real mercantile rules of ownership and the power of central banks run by the elites.

happy research........

ps 100% lean on everything you think you own....the creditors issue [their money to governments] you only play with it.

you never made it off the plantation, the owner just made you think you were free to make your own wealth...........you were more productive under that illusion.
Heruka

Postby Indrajala » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 am

yes, the collapse was engineered, so that the mega offshore bank cartels could consolidate your wealth [which you never owned] to themselves. people really need to know the little known law of admiralty of the law of the sea and land and commerce, to know the real mercantile rules of ownership and the power of central banks run by the elites.

It is so blaring obvious but so few people see it.

You are a "home owner" but owe the bank $250,000 and your mortgage payments will mean in the end you pay double or triple the original value of the home.

You "own a car" but that was again on loan and one makes payments.

Don't make payments and they seize your assets.

Fail to pay taxes and whatever property you think you owned is confiscated.

So much for "private property"!

you never made it off the plantation, the owner just made you think you were free to make your own wealth...........you were more productive under that illusion.

Consumerism keeps the masses in order better than any church or political ideology. It works wonders. When people have their middle-class lifestyle complete with home, car and career, they would never think to risk it all by fighting corruption. The purpose of life becomes acquisition of new and improved consumer goods and a comfortable lifestyle. Consumerism placates the masses better than any religion or ideology ever has.

This idea that you could "get ahead in life" rather than living the same lifestyle more or less as your parents and grandparents has made people so easily controllable. You just get them to worry about their house and seasonal fashions and they're under your glove. They might get upset, write letters, stamp their feet, but you can't get middle-class types to actually get off their asses for revolution. It just won't happen. They're worried about paying for their kids education, the mortgage and next years sedans.
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Previous

Return to News & Current Events