Nasa: new life form.

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Nasa: new life form.

Postby muni » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:12 pm

NASA is saying that this is "life as we do not know it". The reason is that all life on Earth is made of six components: Carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur.

http://gizmodo.com/5704158/nasa-finds-new-life

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 ... fe-hunters
muni

Re: Nasa: new life form.

Postby Indrajala » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Man that's awesome.

I always think of how stuff in Star Trek which seemed like total sci-fi has become commonplace nowadays.

Not just technology, but scientific understanding.

I like how in that one episode of Voyager you have Tuvak saying to those energy based beings who ended up in the holodeck, "We are bio-chemical lifeforms." Meanwhile those energy based beings don't think such a thing is possible and get suspicious.

Who knows! They might one day encounter sentient life made up entirely of light and energy.

Then those nice beings will announce that in ancient times they were called deva and all us kooky religious people will get a second consideration.
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby ronnewmexico » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Well here one for you....

imagine we evolve our reality on the basis of particle or particle awareness.

That is..... a atom is basically 99.9% empty. The evolution of our awareness, our preception of things, has us base all things on the relatively perceived elemental componants such as a nucleus electrons protons and all the rest as opposed to the nontangible parts of a atom, the forces such as gravitational attraction repellece and all the rest.

As such we evolve a reality in which the empty, a 99.9% empty thing is preceived for perceptabilty and functionality as solid. This as result of a evolution of one aspect of our awareness that which perceives solidity, mass shape and form, to exclusion of predominance of the other aspects of our awareness which perceive things in flows ebbs and increases, fluidity, as example. As perhaps the accomplishing aspect of our awareness may perceive in fluid motion as opposed to particle mass. As perhaps the abiding aspect(the root of seperation perception) of our awareness may perceive in a solid or particle form as opposed to fluid form.

As in..... our delusion of perception has in a spiritual sense, Ratnasambhava and Buddhalochana as the roots of our overemphesis on solidity of things.
If our delusion of perception was differing(for whatever reason)...Samayatara and Amoghasiddhi per example(the root source of wind) could have our perceptable reality as entirely differing.

And probably not perceptable in both events one of another.

So in that event not only interchangeable of the elements of our considered constituancy be present(as mentioned by this scientific finding) but a interchangeablity of perceptabilities predominance which would allow for completely differing realms of all sort and description.
I have only included two bases for example but five bases predominance could be present each with differing appearence upon presentation. And depending upon predominace innumerable variance present within each. As we per example may perceive all as mostly solid(even water) but know of some things as wind which seem not solid and know of forces which speak of not solid. So we have not a totally excluded reality based upon soldity but a bit of a mix, mostly solid but hints of not.

All is after all a derivitive of our five basic wisdom aspects. This would allow for the presence of differing realm of existance. With some carryover one to another but not much.

So my appologies to Muni if this deviates from point but the interchangeability of componant essential parts brought this foward in my mind. So it seems relevent.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby muni » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:49 am

Not at all a deviation what about me ron. Sometimes our post can look out of topic but gives more interesting posts than remaining nicely on topic like soldiers in a row.

Was so thinking as well on our same components all life here till now in accordance with our conventionally surviving, and in our obscured habits we classify all life in that derivation-energy. How silly that looks now by that creating mind. In those creations we have worthy life and less worthy, we have friends and enemies, we have me and you and they. Especially "me" of course. Limited possibilities by the use of derivation of intellect-awareness which seems to detect new things in interaction-interbeing.

"imagine we evolve our reality on the basis of particle or particle awareness".

Yes, while no any such particle is, when you mean here conceptual awareness, not sure.

Mental awareness and bodies are not having similar "cause".
Humans detect something which starts to be there from the moment they can see it or prove it. Then it ís there.

Mind seems to see other or strange display.

At the other side as arsenicum is poison for our body forms known till now, those beings has it in their constructions.
muni

Postby ronnewmexico » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:51 pm

In some peoples way of thinking, consciousness adheres to certain aspects of predominance. As in when a human dies the body regresses from this form on which the consciousness lies to another form. With death it retracts from each and settles temporarily into another before it releases entirely. This presents in reverse form if one is to be born in the desire realm which includes humans.

This displays as appearences present upon dying....first in solid form is consciousness, what we see right now. Then regressing(in a dying process) to liquid form with appearence of a mirage, then into fire form with appearence of smoke. Then into what is described as wind(energy) with a flickering light as blowing in a wind. In final form, as a very subtle consciousness with no real physical support, is simply clear light appearence.

So(perhaps you are familiar with all these things and this way of thinking of things I don't know).....

Imagine we were not in a desire realm and our consciousness in birthed form did not ride in a most predominant spot on solidity, or particles, the solid part of things as we envision them; but on liquid wind or other. This would not be a fish as all desire realm being exist in this fashion. Even though a fish swims it is a solid object in which consciousness abides. Even a ghost or god would have similiar channels of energy and go through a similiar constituancy appearence upon death.

But imagine we are not in a desire realm in which solidity has such significance. Imagine our consciousness abided not on the solid but other or nothing at all, as in a clear light state.

Imagine the variety of appearence if perhaps we did in final birthed form present with energy as predominate aspect on which consciousness rides. IN which things such as attraction repellence and gravity and those sort of things were our solid(these things are not solid we make them so). Imagine our consciousness rode on those things in final birthed form; not this perception of solidity. IN which event.... imagine then the appearences we would apprehend.

All certainly is conceptual in origin but there seem to be gross concepts and more subtle concepts. Our conceptual origin of things seems quite gross and allows only the presentation of objects in solid form. But as perhaps in a no form realm or some such, imagine how things may be.

I know things are best for enlightenment to ensue in this realm, the most spiritual progress possible, but that does not preclude that all birthed here even with the best on intentions will not birth elsewhere.
I would not prefer such places but it seems such could happen in that fashion to my personal opinion.

It would not be aresnic substituted for phosphorus but actually wind or liguid or light for solid. Totally different. We assume such cannot be as we cannot perceive such. But our lack of perceptive ability we know is no indicator of the existance or nonexistance of things.
WE are so gross we cannot perceive much at all in this state of human.

So in a daydream perhaps..imagine such could be true and what then would one see if one could be found to see? Imagine perhaps part of our great delusion is part and parcel of thinking all evolve in this way of consciousness abiding...from wind to liquid to solid. Image it could like as not evolve from solid to liquid to wind or not at all as to how our consciousness may ride. Image we are only biased to this opinion on how things are which displays in our reality, but it is not as things necessarily are. Imagine they can be myriad of all sort and semblence. Imagine we when presented with....well these are the physical properites of things and laws of reality.....we could respond with.....these laws are self invented and not more real then any other possibility.

To explain what I mean.

I do suppose personally that is how things are. We are biased to think we are it, our town is it, our nation is it, our continent is it, our world is it, our galaxy is it, our universe is it, our constituant parts of living beings are it, our realm is it, our greater desire realm is it, our way of thinking is it....

Imagine it is not it but one of only a billion possibilities. No it. Inclination only.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby Heruka » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:56 am

i think that just as darwin was driven to label life into a neat family tree of species, that in fact created a framework that created an horizon problem of not seeing beyond the horizon in terms of the potential of life outside of excepted orthodox academic framework. dreamers were left as fringe element and labeled quack science, yet in truth it is the same dream that darwin himself had, the dream to explore. hope i, not getting romantic in sentiment, but this discovery is the door way open to a new family tree of species, and alien to ours.
Heruka

Postby muni » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 am

Compounded form is suffering. May no suffering be, out of circle of birth and death.

Yes, labeling.
Easy to get conditioned, lost in the woods of minds' apprehended network.

Thank you all very much.

:namaste:
muni

Postby muni » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:11 am

The basis for all myriad things is no thing, while no atom can be found. Interdependently with care for all in dream of they-us.

Then research starts around the arsenic:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... tists.html
muni

Return to News & Current Events