Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21762
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:08 am

Read about it here.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Queequeg
Global Moderator
Posts: 2739
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Queequeg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:34 am

Image

Joke's on us.
“Once you have given up the ghost, everything follows with dead certainty, even in the midst of chaos.”
-Henry Miller

User avatar
Coëmgenu
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:35 pm
Location: Whitby, Ontario

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Coëmgenu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 am

Malcolm wrote:Read about it here.
I agree with what is written, but BuzzFeed is a terrible source. Luckily they have links to better material embedded in their article.
"My pure land is not destroyed,
yet the multitude sees it as consumed in fire,
with anxiety, fear, and other sufferings
filling it everywhere."
(Saddharmapuṇḍarīkasūtra XVI)

All these dharmāḥ are the status of dharma, the standing of dharma, the suchness of dharma; the dharma neither departs from things-as-they-are, nor differs from things-as-they-are; it is the truth, reality, without distortion.(SA 296, 因緣法)
揭諦揭諦,波羅揭諦,波羅僧揭諦,菩提薩婆訶(Prajñāpāramitāhṛdayasya Mantra)

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21762
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:49 am

Coëmgenu wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Read about it here.
I agree with what is written, but BuzzFeed is a terrible source. Luckily they have links to better material embedded in their article.



The point is that the Russians apparently have videos of Trump with prostitutes he has engaged for the purpose of pissing on each other in the bed the Obamas slept in, and much more sordid material, corruption, etc.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

dreambow
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby dreambow » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:53 am

I don't think Trump is a Russian puppet. Like attracts like and in this case both leaders are oligarchs and seem to have their
own lucrative projects, advancements and interests at heart.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21762
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:58 am

dreambow wrote:I don't think Trump is a Russian puppet. Like attracts like and in this case both leaders are oligarchs and seem to have their
own lucrative projects, advancements and interests at heart.



Total puppet.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 6310
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:14 am

Seems somewhat like the Left's version of Fake News frankly. All this nonsense and media coverage, and I have yet to see any real proof, this document is so nebulous and strange.

Not that I would be surprised if any of this was legit, but this is all still just allegation, and from a questionable source it seems.

I really hope if this is indeed true that they make public something more damning than what they have.

The shame is that these did not come out publicly prior to the election, then we'd have such things on both sides.
May the eyes of living beings be gladdened by skies made splendid by clouds
that lightnings garland, while on earth below, the peacocks dance with joy as
showers of rain, falling gently, approach.

-The Door Of Happiness

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21762
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:17 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:Seems like the Left's version of Fake News frankly. All this nonsense and media coverage, and I have yet to see any proof.

Not that I would be surprised if I had, but this is all still just allegation, and from a questionable source - that report.

I really hope if this is indeed true that they make public something more than what they have.


Oh ye of little faith. The IC has felt that enough of the repot was substantiable to summarize it in a two page briefing for POTUS, Trump and so on.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 6310
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:21 am

Malcolm wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:Seems like the Left's version of Fake News frankly. All this nonsense and media coverage, and I have yet to see any proof.

Not that I would be surprised if I had, but this is all still just allegation, and from a questionable source - that report.

I really hope if this is indeed true that they make public something more than what they have.


Oh ye of little faith. The IC has felt that enough of the repot was substantiable to summarize it in a two page briefing for POTUS, Trump and so on.



I'm not sure that means much to me, frankly. This story is also being spun so differently in mainstream sources that it is almost impossible to tell exactly what is being presented to Trump, POTUS. I have no idea what to make of any it.
May the eyes of living beings be gladdened by skies made splendid by clouds
that lightnings garland, while on earth below, the peacocks dance with joy as
showers of rain, falling gently, approach.

-The Door Of Happiness

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21762
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:24 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:Seems like the Left's version of Fake News frankly. All this nonsense and media coverage, and I have yet to see any proof.

Not that I would be surprised if I had, but this is all still just allegation, and from a questionable source - that report.

I really hope if this is indeed true that they make public something more than what they have.


Oh ye of little faith. The IC has felt that enough of the repot was substantiable to summarize it in a two page briefing for POTUS, Trump and so on.



I'm not sure that means much to me, frankly. This story is also being spun so differently in mainstream sources that it is almost impossible to tell exactly what is being presented to Trump, POTUS. I have no idea what to make of any it.


just read it and weep.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 6310
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 am

Malcolm wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Oh ye of little faith. The IC has felt that enough of the repot was substantiable to summarize it in a two page briefing for POTUS, Trump and so on.



I'm not sure that means much to me, frankly. This story is also being spun so differently in mainstream sources that it is almost impossible to tell exactly what is being presented to Trump, POTUS. I have no idea what to make of any it.


just read it and weep.



I did, it's impossibly vague, full of accusations with no sources, and lots of stuff about how people having Russian relatives and business interests is supposed to be damning proof of a conspiracy. Really, without someone to further contextualize this document for me, I remain very skeptical of it. I WANT it to be true, but I'm not sure it is.

At least in mainstream sources, these documents are being acknowledged as the research of "anti Trump" political factions, and seem to be of iffy provenance. As much as I detest Trump, I do not trust the groups opposing him to be above board with what they find either.

However, lets see if these allegations (since that's all that's here really) get corroborated, let's hope so..
May the eyes of living beings be gladdened by skies made splendid by clouds
that lightnings garland, while on earth below, the peacocks dance with joy as
showers of rain, falling gently, approach.

-The Door Of Happiness

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21762
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:...


It has plenty of sources. The context is that Trump is a puppet.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 6310
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:37 am

Malcolm wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:...


It has plenty of sources. The context is that Trump is a puppet.



None of it has been corroborated by anyone, and if mainstream sources are to be believed again it's of somewhat iffy provenance.

The way it's being reported in mainstream news is that the two-page synopsis drawn from this report was presented to POTUS and Drumpf not as a report of truth, but as a presentation of allegations that are floating around. Again, quite confusing. Maybe someone has the golden showers video;)
May the eyes of living beings be gladdened by skies made splendid by clouds
that lightnings garland, while on earth below, the peacocks dance with joy as
showers of rain, falling gently, approach.

-The Door Of Happiness

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21762
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:...


It has plenty of sources. The context is that Trump is a puppet.



None of it has been corroborated by anyone, and if mainstream sources are to be believed again it's of somewhat iffy provenance.


It's opo research originally payed for by Republicans against Trump and later Dems.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 6310
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:42 am

Malcolm wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
It has plenty of sources. The context is that Trump is a puppet.



None of it has been corroborated by anyone, and if mainstream sources are to be believed again it's of somewhat iffy provenance.


It's opo research originally payed for by Republicans against Trump and later Dems.



I saw that, where on earth was this stuff during the Wikileaks debacle?
May the eyes of living beings be gladdened by skies made splendid by clouds
that lightnings garland, while on earth below, the peacocks dance with joy as
showers of rain, falling gently, approach.

-The Door Of Happiness

User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/us/p ... .html?_r=0

NY Times wrote:The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.


How do impeachment laws work? Could he get impeached for things done prior to inauguration?

User avatar
anjali
Global Moderator
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby anjali » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 am

David N. Snyder wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0

NY Times wrote:The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.

While I believe it's possible such tapes exist, I also believe claims like this are going to have to meet the Carl Sagan standard of evidence, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
All things are unworthy of clinging to (sabbe dhammā nâla abhinivesāyā). --Shakyamuni Buddha
Wanting to grasp the ungraspable, you exhaust yourself in vain. --Gendun Rinpoche

User avatar
Quay
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby Quay » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:33 am

Mr. Trump acting very badly is not an extraordinary thing or claim. He does it all the time. So any evidence of more of such behavior requires only standard validation from third-party sources, not anything special.
Bless me and all phantom beings like me
That we may extract the essence of the generation and perfection stages.

– Patrul Rinpoche, Words of My Perfect Teacher.

User avatar
anjali
Global Moderator
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby anjali » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 am

Quay wrote:Mr. Trump acting very badly is not an extraordinary thing or claim. He does it all the time. So any evidence of more of such behavior requires only standard validation from third-party sources, not anything special.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. The acting badly part is not the "extraordinary" claim, it that such damning evidence exists. If that's the case, it needs to be made public. The old saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire. In this case the fire needs to be demonstrated. Why? Although I'm predisposed to believe they exist--and I suspect a lot of others here are too, a lot of Trump supporters probably aren't. That's why I think the tapes need to actually be made public, otherwise biased supporters will just brush it off as liberal media fake news.

Unfortunately, even if such tapes do exist and are made public, I'm not sure his supporters even care, and that the truly sad part. It's going to be an ugly four years ahead.
All things are unworthy of clinging to (sabbe dhammā nâla abhinivesāyā). --Shakyamuni Buddha
Wanting to grasp the ungraspable, you exhaust yourself in vain. --Gendun Rinpoche

User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 am

I imagine the acts themselves would not be impeachable, but if it were to be determined that Trump is giving special attention or favors to Russia in exchange for them not revealing the videos, that would be another matter, possibly justifying impeachment (if true of course).


Return to “News & Current Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: narhwal90 and 17 guests