The controversial Vishal Mangalwadi.

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

The controversial Vishal Mangalwadi.

Postby greentara » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 am

"The United States will start the next world war to restructure the global economy and avoid repaying its debts, dragging Australia with it, predicts an Indian futurologist and social reformer.

Vishal Mangalwadi's second scenario is nearly as apocalyptic: social collapse and violence in the streets when Western countries can no longer afford social welfare due to the collapse of tax revenue, with far more suicides and pressure for euthanasia of the elderly.

These frightening futures are likely because ''the West has amputated its soul'', moving away from the biblical values and Christian heritage that built modern society"

The Age newspaper

I do believe the world needs 'values' and serious restructure, but above all we need transparency from governments of the day. I don't know if Christianity with its flawed powers to persuade and proselytizing history is the answer to our woes?
greentara

Re: The controversial Vishal Mangalwadi.

Postby Sherab Dorje » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 am

"It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:07 pm

So Christianity is both responsible for secular democracy and "western ideals", but somehow also these western ideals have now turned against Christianity? Is Christianity responsible for that too then?

Took about 3 minutes of Vishal's "revelation" website to give me a gross feeling. They also have a wonderful section that appears to be criticism of other religions, the Buddhist part was called "Buddhism: Escape into emptiness" lol, but you cannot see it without membership.

Basically a big part of this argument seems to be that America has "lost it's way" because the populace no longer believes in transcendental good or evil..were people nicer when they did or something? Because it sure seems if you take even a cursory glance at history all these good Christian folk don't look too appealing to me. In fact much of the bloodiest bits of human history seem predicated on the notion of bringing some sort of transcendental good to people..so um, no thanks.

Man I am so weary of hearing about "what America needs", 100 years from now, different set of people, different set of problems..
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby Sherab Dorje » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Vishal and Ruth have two daughters and five grandchildren. They were invited to come to America to make a television series exploring the Bible’s role in creating the modern world. The series is yet to be made. Meanwhile Vishal’s research has become the primary resource behind this website. This study was inspired by Vishal and Ruth's recognition of India's need for the reforming power of the Bible.
http://www.revelationmovement.com/pages/1
Given that he's a Christian, I doubt he believes Christianity is to blame for anything.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Karma Dorje » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 pm

India needs Jesus like fish need bicycles. Why go out for hamburgers when you have steak at home?
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
~Arthur Carlson
Karma Dorje

Postby greentara » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 am

"A poor farmer applied for a loan for a cow. One of the government schemes was a 2000 rupee loan. After the bank manager had taken his cut the farmer was left with 900 rupees, the farmer was poor and in no position to argue with the manager so he took the money. He still intended to buy some sort of cow but then found the government took 300 rupees to certify the cow was fit to be insured. At the end the farmer just kept the cash. The police still send warrants from time to time but the farmer says he's determined to never repay the little remaining cash he has left'

No full stops in India by Mark Tully

Mangalwadi forget about christianity, how about directing all your energy into making India less corrupt and more accountable but that of course would be a herculean task. An easier option for you is a lecture tour and swanning in and out of 5 star hotels.
greentara

Return to News & Current Events