intemperate remarks

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

intemperate remarks

Postby greentara » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:20 am

"TOKYO (AP) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso refused Friday to resign or apologize over remarks suggesting Japan should follow the Nazi example of how to change the country's constitution stealthily and without public debate.
"I have no intention to step down" as Cabinet minister of lawmaker, Aso, who is also deputy prime minister, told reporters. The government also said it is not seeking Aso's resignation, which some opposition members have demanded.

Aso, who is known for intemperate remarks, drew outrage for saying Japan should learn from how the Nazi party stealthily changed Germany's pre-World War II constitution before anyone realized it"
Gleaned from My Way, a search engine like Yahoo without ads and popups.

I'm not really surprised as this is the direction most large corporations, who have far too much influence on governments around the globe have headed in the last decade or so.
greentara

Re: intemperate remarks

Postby Konchog1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:36 am

In retracting his comments, he said it was “very unfortunate and regrettable” that they were misinterpreted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japanese-minister-taro-aso-refuses-to-stand-down-over-praise-for-nazi-militarisation-tactics-8741118.html

Why do politicians always say this?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Konchog1

Return to News & Current Events