Change of Egyptian Scenery

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Change of Egyptian Scenery

Postby Will » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Those old idols of Sphinx & Great Pyramid must go, like the Afghan Buddhas: http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2 ... 49092.html
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Re: Change of Egyptian Scenery

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 am

So what exactly do you hope to achieve by publicising the hateful comments of a fundamentalist lunatic?
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Will » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:So what exactly do you hope to achieve by publicising the hateful comments of a fundamentalist lunatic?

Why do you question my motive? This is the News forum - this is news, so I passed on the story.

Maybe the Patience paramita will develop faster if folks will try to tolerate more 'hateful' things. Not that this applies to you Greg, of course.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Will wrote:
gregkavarnos wrote:So what exactly do you hope to achieve by publicising the hateful comments of a fundamentalist lunatic?

Why do you question my motive? This is the News forum - this is news, so I passed on the story.

Maybe the Patience paramita will develop faster if folks will try to tolerate more 'hateful' things. Not that this applies to you Greg, of course.
I was not questioning your motive, I was asking what your motive is. Now that you have made it clear I will question it. :smile:

You (or any you) could post links to any number of fundamentalist lunatics from any political and social sphere. There is more than enough to out there to link to. Why would they want to do so? Why draw attention to the specific lunatic and not some other?
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Like these Buddhist culture destroying lunatics, for example: