YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Formations - Dhamma Wheel

Formations

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
Ngawang Drolma.

Formations

Postby Ngawang Drolma. » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to start asking things that I've wanted to know but hesitated to ask (because they're so darn basic).

Ignorance is not-knowing, greed, hatred, desire, and craving are emotional states. Okay so far?

Consciousness and emotions are formations. So how could formations be caused by craving or ignorance when they are formations themselves?

Element

Re: Formations

Postby Element » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Last edited by Element on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ngawang Drolma.

Postby Ngawang Drolma. » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi Element,

Wonderful. Thanks :D

andyebarnes67

Postby andyebarnes67 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Metta
:meditate:
Andy Barnes
My comments are by nature, subjective interpretations from my mind. As such, they are never wrong, They are as they are. They are never right, They are as they are.

paul

Postby paul » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:42 am

"Ajahn Geoff (Thanissaro) , and I'm sure some others, prefer to translate Sati as heedfulness rather than mindfulness..."

This is wrong, heedfulness is quite a separate factor to mindfulness and is better referred to as as basic zeal.

andyebarnes67

Postby andyebarnes67 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:09 am

Metta
:meditate:
Andy Barnes
My comments are by nature, subjective interpretations from my mind. As such, they are never wrong, They are as they are. They are never right, They are as they are.

Return to “Discovering Theravāda”