Effective Healing Practices & Pujas

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Nicholas Weeks

Effective Healing Practices & Pujas

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

If you have personal experience (as a patient or someone you know) with effective distant healing practices, please share the healer or healing group which did the puja or practice.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Wesley1982

Re: Effective Healing Practices & Pujas

Post by Wesley1982 »

Sitting in a Indian sweat hut will cause the physical body to release toxins through sweat glands & pores.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Wesley1982 wrote:Sitting in a Indian sweat hut will cause the physical body to release toxins through sweat glands & pores.
Thanks for responding Wesley, but "effective distant healing" is what I was looking for.
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

Will wrote:
Wesley1982 wrote:Sitting in a Indian sweat hut will cause the physical body to release toxins through sweat glands & pores.
Thanks for responding Wesley, but "effective distant healing" is what I was looking for.

You know that particular buddhist Caz here at dharma wheel?..

The avatar picture of him in his "office" makes it easy to see how that feat could be done. (wherever in the world he is)
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Will wrote:
You are asking for too much. How could any serious dharma person come forward with such claims !!?? Think again, please!!
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Aemilius wrote:
Will wrote:
You are asking for too much. How could any serious dharma person come forward with such claims !!?? Think again, please!!
By having personal experience with Bodhisattva Hsuan Hua, who did heal from a distance of hundreds of miles.

Here is one example of many Dharma groups who do distant healing pujas:

http://www.gyutocenter.org/events/commo ... aling.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My OP was hoping to get a recommendation that group so and so did a puja and it was effective.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Hey Will,
Check out Zangdokpalri.org.
They do remarkable long distance healing Chod ceremonies for people.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Josef wrote:Hey Will,
I shall do that; care to share some reliable testimony about their successes?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Will wrote:
Josef wrote:Hey Will,
I shall do that; care to share some reliable testimony about their successes?
Well, I have never requested the healing from afar but I do know the lama who runs the monastery and nunnery.
He used to come to the States each summer and travel while performing healing chod and many people had wonderful experiences of different kinds.

They are very good at what they do.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Will wrote:
Aemilius wrote:
Will wrote:
By having personal experience with Bodhisattva Hsuan Hua, who did heal from a distance of hundreds of miles.

Here is one example of many Dharma groups who do distant healing pujas:

http://www.gyutocenter.org/events/commo ... aling.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My OP was hoping to get a recommendation that group so and so did a puja and it was effective.
I don't deny its existence, I doubt the usefulness of making any claims about it. What will it lead to? A competition of distance healing between different buddhist centres? And a mass of faked testimonies, etc in the long run. Few real ones will cause thousands of made up testimonies to appear. That is the nature of reality on this planet. And the made up ones will always seem much better, more trust worthy.
Maybe you want official plaques of people who have been healed by buddhist centres to be put on public display in centres? Why not maybe? Do they have that in the City of TenThousand Buddhas?
svaha
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Aemilius,

Your potential for blockhead status is growing. Since your subtle mind has missed the obvious I will s p e l l it out for you.

A friend is very ill, he lives far away, I want to help him by having a healing puja done for him. But I want the puja group to be one that has a record of effectiveness.

Kapish?
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Oh, sorry, I have heard of a person who got cured of cancer through Vajrasattva practice.
svaha

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”