Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 am 

An old but distant friend of mine died on the 25th of september 2011 by suicide, I dont know the motivation behind it, but I know that he had been diagnosed with schizoprenia.
he was born on the 8th of feburary 1987. His name is Kim Risager Nielsen and was from denmark. He practiced no faith and did not to my recollection lead a particular virtous life. I hope you can include in any prayer, meditation or ritual that can help the recently deceased obtain a good rebirth that will lead to liberation and pass on his name and details to any lama or practioner who has the ability to help the dead.

Kind regards Alex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:00 pm 

I found your posting very moving!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 pm 

I sent in my request here
http://phowa.diamondway-buddhism.org

I'm quite gratefull, that this is possible. I saw Lama Ole doing this when I attented his phowa course in august.

I suspect my friend's karma is quite heavy, so it would probably take a lama to get through to him.

-Alex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:42 pm 

Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum
Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:38 pm 
Former staff member

May Kim be reborn in the Pure Lands, attain perfect enlightenment and then save all beings from samsara. May he be protected from the lower realms. May his positive karma ripen immediately for a Dharmic rebirth. May all beings with mental illnesses be utterly freed from their illness and attacks by demonic powers. May all beings value and love themselves and one another.

OM VAJRASATTVA HUNG
OM AMI DEWA HRIH
OM MANI PEDME HUNG
THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche