Meth Addiction cure

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

Meth Addiction cure

Postby Will » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Yes I know, "cure" may be the wrong word. But I am trying to think positive. A close relative has been clean for years, but now Demon Meth has her in his grips.

I am trying via pujas & prayers to help, not alone, but with others. So join in please to pray for Sara in Oregon USA.

But I would also like to know of any program, govt. or private, in Oregon, that has a good success rate in getting people off Meth and keeping them off.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Re: Meth Addiction cure

Postby Enochian » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:32 pm

have you consulted an M.D.?
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian

Postby Will » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:16 am

Enochian wrote:have you consulted an M.D.?

Thanks, never thought of that, but why not. I do not live in OR, but he may have some helpful ideas.
Last edited by Will on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby ball-of-string » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:17 am

Where in Oregon? Consider Portland Alternative Healing Center. They are mostly govt contracts, so mostly low-income. But acupuncture is the center piece of the treatment program, with good outcomes. I also like Astoria Point, in Astoria, they are a residential program. Awakenings by the Sea, in Seaside, is rumored to be a good residential program. I'll ask around for some others.
ball-of-string

Postby Will » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:28 am

ball-of-string wrote:Where in Oregon? Consider Portland Alternative Healing Center. They are mostly govt contracts, so mostly low-income. But acupuncture is the center piece of the treatment program, with good outcomes. I also like Astoria Point, in Astoria, they are a residential program. Awakenings by the Sea, in Seaside, is rumored to be a good residential program. I'll ask around for some others.

Farther south, in Medford.
Will

Postby ball-of-string » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:39 am

Serenity Lane in Eugene used to be really good, but I have not worked with them in many years so I can't speak for their quality now. Certainly they are worth checking out. There are some facilities in Roseburg and Ashland that are mostly military contracts, but I think they work with civilians, too. I'll ask around...
ball-of-string

Postby Will » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Help for her is being lined up now.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Will

Return to Prayers and Aspirations