Mantra to Pacify Boss's Anger

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

Mantra to Pacify Boss's Anger

Postby Aemilius » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Rimpoche gave the following mantra to a nun who had an angry boss. Rimpoche gave her the mantra to pacify the boss's anger and dislike toward her.
http://www.lamayeshe.com/index.php?sect=article&id=328
svaha
Aemilius

Re: Mantra to Pacify Boss's Anger

Postby Sonrisa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Forgive me for driving this a bit off topic but if the nun is a monastic, how does she have a boss?
Namo Amitabha
Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva

May I continue to practice loving-kindness and compassion for sentient beings. May my friends and loved ones be free from suffering. May those who have hurt me also be free from suffering.

Hatred is like throwing cow dung at someone else. You get dirty first before throwing it to someone else.
Sonrisa

Re: Mantra to Pacify Boss's Anger

Postby Aemilius » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm not an expert on Vinaya. There are different classes of precepts, not working or begging one's livelihood is not among the major precepts breaking which one would lose one's ordination. There are lots of precepts that are almost never followed in practice, for example monks should not shave their beard at other times than when they shave their hair off. Have you seen a monk who practices this? Neither is shaving one's hair off among the major precepts, it is just a well established conventional signal, ... How many monks or nuns have you seen begging in the streets of Europe or America, for that matter? Why not work then ?
svaha
Aemilius

Return to Prayers and Aspirations