A prayer for inner peace

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Serenity509

A prayer for inner peace

Post by Serenity509 »

I'm not sure how Buddhists pray or to whom they pray. In Jodo Shinshu, we are taught to not engage in petitionary prayer. But if you feel moved to pray for me, please do so. I am almost thirty years old and I have a wife and two children. I recently moved here from the other side of the state in order to start a better life for me and my family. I am currently unemployed and I am back in college, studying office administration.

We are currently in poverty. I don't even own a car or have a driver's license, since my parents never helped me learn to drive, and since having kids, I've let other things get in the way of getting my license. I love my family very much and I want to always put them first. I always do my best to provide for them, but the past five years, since my wife and I got married, haven't been without struggle.

The reason why I've converted to Buddhism or sought to learn from Buddhism is so that I can learn to better handle my life problems, be more patient, kind, and empathetic with my family and others, and to have more inner peace. If you pray for me, please pray that I will learn to have more inner peace as I deal with my life problems and do my best to take care of my family. Thank you.
Aemilius

Re: A prayer for inner peace

Post by Aemilius »

tadyatha om muni muni mahamuni svaha
om muni muni mahamuni svaha
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ
Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte »

I am not sure who I am praying to either, but perhaps that is not necessarily to the point. I happily accept the good wishes and prayers of beleivers in all sorts of religion and I may not know what God they pray to. Anyway, you have my paryers .

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”