Bhikshu Dharmamitra needs techie help

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

Bhikshu Dharmamitra needs techie help

Postby Will » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:05 pm

The Kalavinka Press projects needs an experienced Adobe Indesign helper. Probably no money (or very little) but great merit in helping with the transmittal of Mahayana teachings.

So if you are, or know of, such an Adobe Indesign techie, contact Bhikshu Dharmamitra at: kalavinka2@yahoo.com

If you are not, nor know anyone, then pray for one to show up soon, to help him.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Re: Bhikshu Dharmamitra needs techie help

Postby PorkChop » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I would really like to help out to repay Bhikshu Dharmamitra from some of his tireless work.
Unfortunately, I'm big on the techie, not so much on the design, and no experience with Adobe Indesign.
If I find some free time to pick it up or if one of my friends is skilled & available enough that I can send them your way, I'll let you know.
Sorry that I'm not much help; just felt kinda bad that there weren't more replies.
I think most people who've read this and would otherwise want to volunteer are in the same boat as me.
PorkChop

Postby Will » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Kind of you to post here, but I am assuming that oodles of Indesign Dharma friends are contacting Ven. Dharmamitra directly, via his kalavinka2@gmail.com email
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby PorkChop » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Will wrote:Kind of you to post here, but I am assuming that oodles of Indesign Dharma friends are contacting Ven. Dharmamitra directly, via his kalavinka2@gmail.com email

Good point. :)
Will make sure to use the email as the contact point.
PorkChop

Postby Jikan » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Bhikshu Dharmamitra's translations are very helpful--he's doing a great service to the Dharma by promoting the teachings in this way. I do hope he gets the help he needs to continue producing these important texts.

:anjali:
Jikan
Site Admin

Re: Bhikshu Dharmamitra needs help

Postby Will » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 pm

His transplanted liver had been doing well, but they do not last for decades. Lately, that liver has been acting up, so send healing thoughts as well.
Will

Return to Prayers and Aspirations